PDA

View Full Version : Very Common Hand, but important

lehighguy
09-10-2005, 02:02 AM
$600NL 6-handed. Loose and Aggressive but not maniac.

Hero is on button with AQs.

One limper, Hero raises to $30, folded to limper who calls.

Flop: 5, 2, 5 rainbow.

Check to Hero, Hero bets $50, limper check raises to $200 (he is short stacked and now all-in). Additional $150 to call.

Hero ???

Read is that he could be bluffing with high cards, bluffing with another ace, or have a PP.

I called. Figured I had a decent chance of being ahead or tied. Plus it's a pretty small group of regs at this site and there may be some future +EV from letting them know not to play back at me.

09-10-2005, 03:01 AM
I would only call his reraise if i had a tell on him. How could you call a reraise with AQhigh? if he has PP you are 1/4 againts,he could have 22, 55(very unlikely) and then you are drawing dead. what cards did he have?

Yeknom58
09-10-2005, 03:14 AM
"Read is that he could be bluffing with high cards, bluffing with another ace, or have a PP."

Seems like any easy call.

lehighguy
09-10-2005, 11:51 AM
He had 66, but to be honest I figured there was a good chance he didn't have a PP. Say 50%. And if he didn't have a PP I figured my AQ was ahead.

The site I play on is pretty loose. When you play 6-handed, there's alot more bluffing. People often use short stacks as an advantage because they can make one big bluff and not have to continue if thier trapped.

lehighguy
09-10-2005, 11:52 AM
How does it change if villian has full stack?

It seems it would be profitable for him to checkraise me all the time if I always fold.

cero_z
09-10-2005, 12:16 PM
Hi lehigh guy,

[ QUOTE ]
How does it change if villian has full stack?

It seems it would be profitable for him to checkraise me all the time if I always fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, as long as he knows to do this only when you have AQ, rather than a PP.

iceman5
09-10-2005, 12:16 PM
Playing hands the way you did this one is the reason that most people lose money with AK. You had AQ, but its the same thing.

I did a survey once and got alot of people to give me their AK stats and the majority were losing or around break even.

The guy is not going to check raise all in with just overcards unless he an idiot.

Fold to his check raise and move on.