PDA

View Full Version : river, AK pairs, mad action on flop

newhizzle
09-10-2005, 01:59 AM
Party Poker 2.00/4.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

just sat down, no reads

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10.00 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (8.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB.

W. Deranged
09-10-2005, 02:08 AM
1. I don't like the flop raise. You have no need to clean up outs. The free card play may often not work here. Note that the board is very light in draws and hence your opponent is likely to have a pair. Overpairs are very likely to three bet. If your opponent is betting worse overcards, you have no reason to discourage him from continuing to do so.

2. Good discipline checking the turn behind.

3. The turn check of villain after the flop three-bet on a drawless board is often a tricky attempt to check-raise the turn. Hence, I don't like the river raise. Had villain bet the turn, I would actually like it better. But there is so little for villain to have that would merit a flop three-bet that I tend to think villain has a monster. I'd be more willing to advocate a river raise if you could fold to a three-bet, but that's going to be damn tough here.

cold_cash
09-10-2005, 03:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
1. I don't like the flop raise. You have no need to clean up outs. The free card play may often not work here. Note that the board is very light in draws and hence your opponent is likely to have a pair. Overpairs are very likely to three bet. If your opponent is betting worse overcards, you have no reason to discourage him from continuing to do so.

2. Good discipline checking the turn behind.

3. The turn check of villain after the flop three-bet on a drawless board is often a tricky attempt to check-raise the turn. Hence, I don't like the river raise. Had villain bet the turn, I would actually like it better. But there is so little for villain to have that would merit a flop three-bet that I tend to think villain has a monster. I'd be more willing to advocate a river raise if you could fold to a three-bet, but that's going to be damn tough here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice post.