PDA

View Full Version : passive line good here

newhizzle
09-10-2005, 01:54 AM
Party Poker 2.00/4.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

just sat down, no reads, i figure if hes bluffing, ill let him keep bluffing and if hes got a king i got no reason to put more bets in the pot

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.00 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (5.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 7.50 BB.

W. Deranged
09-10-2005, 02:04 AM
I like this a lot, particularly on the turn, when you tons of cards now help you. Some might advocate raising for a free showdown and giving yourself the option of betting the river, but I don't like getting three-bet particularly, and I don't want to discourage a worse T or other bad hand to stop betting.

davet
09-10-2005, 02:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like this a lot, particularly on the turn, when you tons of cards now help you. Some might advocate raising for a free showdown and giving yourself the option of betting the river, but I don't like getting three-bet particularly, and I don't want to discourage a worse T or other bad hand to stop betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me be the first to stick out my neck and advocate the turn raise. But I think you played this nicely as well. Either way, you put 2BB in the pot.

W. Deranged
09-10-2005, 02:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me be the first to stick out my neck and advocate the turn raise. But I think you played this nicely as well. Either way, you put 2BB in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

My problem with the turn raise is I think we have basically no chance of ever getting a better hand to fold here in a heads-up pot (Ks are calling down here most all the time). Therefore I think it's better to take the cheap draw and continue to let a worse hand bet if that's what's going on, without opening ourselves up to a three-bet.