PDA

View Full Version : so i quit my job today

tonypaladino
09-10-2005, 01:20 AM
I've been working at a Barnes & Noble bookstore since the end of my senior year of high school (May 2001).
I started as a newsstand worker, moved up to cashier, then got promoted to Head Cashier, Cash Supervisor, and then last month I was put in charge of the Bargain Book & Calendar dept.

When I joined the department it was me and one other supervisor, and one bookseller. Our bookseller quit, and my co-supervisor went on vacation. I worked like a madman for two weeks being the only one in the department and gave myself a mild hernia in the process.

Today I go back after being out sick with muscle/hernia pains, and I find that my co-supervisor is quitting and my new bookseller is only working 3 days a week.

I looked at the three carts of books that needed to be re-sorted, the pallet of new books and three pallets of calendars, and went downstairs and gave my two weeks notice to the Store Manager.

The store Manager is one of the coolest guys in the word and if it weren't for him, I'd wouldn't have been there that long to begin with.

I effectivly told him he had no Bargain dept as we are heading into the busiest and most important quarter of the year, and he shook my hand, told me I was always welcome to work at his store, and wished me well.

I live with my parents, and am taking out a few thousand dollars in student loans (extra than tuition) to live on until the end of the year.

Just thought I'd share.

Tony

Rockatansky
09-10-2005, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've been working at a Barnes & Noble bookstore since the end of my senior year of high school (May 2001).
I started as a newsstand worker, moved up to cashier, then got promoted to Head Cashier, Cash Supervisor, and then last month I was put in charge of the Bargain Book & Calendar dept.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's probably good that you quit before you became drunk on your own power.

jakethebake
09-10-2005, 01:31 AM
Good luck.

IronDragon1
09-10-2005, 01:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that was unecessary

MyTurn2Raise
09-10-2005, 01:38 AM
I used to work for Borders...found HPFAP during a break...left borders....left school...never looked back

tonypaladino
09-10-2005, 01:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I used to work for Borders...found HPFAP during a break...left borders....left school...never looked back

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I will miss getting my 30% off poker books -- last purch HOH 1 & 2 saved $20. w00t

MyTurn2Raise
09-10-2005, 01:41 AM
but Borders emails a 30% off coupon about every month. Just have to limit yourself to 1 item a month.

Amazon is cheaper anyway

yellowjack
09-10-2005, 01:41 AM
i anticipated you saying you were going pro but you're not? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

its just normally how these types of posts end.

tonypaladino
09-10-2005, 01:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i anticipated you saying you were going pro but you're not? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

its just normally how these types of posts end.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I am gonna spent more time playing, and I guess it will be my only "job" for a while, but I really don't think I'm good enough to be "going pro".

I have been playing p****r since I was 10 years old with family members, but I've only been playing H*** Em since April. I've read a lot, but I still need a lot of improvement (mostly with dicipline)

LethalRose
09-10-2005, 01:48 AM
I cant wait to quit my job...

good luck bro.

MarkL444
09-10-2005, 01:52 AM
did you meet a lot of chicks in the bookstore? (serious question)

DasLeben
09-10-2005, 01:54 AM
Those bastards. I put in an app at B&N, and they never called me back. Now I work at Applebee's. Woooo. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

tonypaladino
09-11-2005, 01:34 AM
thanks to all of you who wished me luck.

the only thing i am worried about is a total lack of human interation.

thnank god for the interweb....

arod15
09-11-2005, 01:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

When I joined the department it was me and one other supervisor, and one bookseller. Our bookseller quit, and my co-supervisor went on vacation. I worked like a madman for two weeks being the only one in the department and gave myself a mild hernia in the process.

Today I go back after being out sick with muscle/hernia pains, and I find that my co-supervisor is quitting and my new bookseller is only working 3 days a week.

I looked at the three carts of books that needed to be re-sorted, the pallet of new books and three pallets of calendars, and went downstairs and gave my two weeks notice to the Store Manager.

The store Manager is one of the coolest guys in the word and if it weren't for him, I'd wouldn't have been there that long to begin with.

I effectivly told him he had no Bargain dept as we are heading into the busiest and most important quarter of the year, and he shook my hand, told me I was always welcome to work at his store, and wished me well.

I live with my parents, and am taking out a few thousand dollars in student loans (extra than tuition) to live on until the end of the year.

Just thought I'd share.

Tony

[/ QUOTE ]

good luck. Why quit thought? Move up and give us all free 2+2 books? Really good luck at least you live at home.

captZEEbo1
09-11-2005, 01:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
LOLOLOOLOLOLOLOOLOL