PDA

View Full Version : Doyle Brunson's Supersystem

01-16-2002, 03:56 PM
I was perusing another poker site (heaven forbid) and came upon a list of books as must reads. As a (re-)budding student of the game, I figured I'd hit em up and see if they were useful. Problem: I can't find a copy of Doyle Brunson's Supersystem except on e-bay for big bucks. A little help?

Joe

01-16-2002, 03:59 PM
I meant for some reasonable price, ie less the 45 bucks in HB leatherbound goodness.

Joe

01-16-2002, 05:28 PM
If I remember correctly 45 bucks is about what a new hardback with a normal cover would run you. so Its not a bad deal if you can get a leatherbound one for that price

01-16-2002, 07:43 PM
ConJelCo offers the book for the Internet price of $45.00 plus shipping. The book retails for $50.00.

Chuck

01-16-2002, 08:16 PM
The intro and no-limit chapter (both written by Doyle) alone is worth the fifty beans.

BUT...

The rest of the book is too out-dated.

There's a large section on draw poker, which nobody plays anymore. The blinds and antes addressed are much smaller than today's standard. And the hi-lo sections do not address the "8 or better" qualifier.

Doyle's been promising an up-dated version for years, and I had been holding out for it, but gave in when the Stratosphere started spreading small no-limit a few years ago.

Again, the no-limit chapter is WORTH the half-a-yard.

But for anything else, this book should not be at the top of your list.

(I've posted the same message in other forums recently, so when I saw this thread, I just started typing my typical reply. Just as I was about to recommend S+M, I realized, "Wait a minute, this is the 2+2 board!")

Sorry Chuck.

Bobby

(Again, for no-limit, you MUST get Doyle's book!)