PDA

View Full Version : top pair,turned flush draw please help

Getliquid
09-10-2005, 12:26 AM
1-2 stars
Villian is smart aggressive player effective stacks $300
Hero on button with K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Villian limps utg, 1 more limper
Hero calls
sb folds,bb checks
flop: K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Villian bets $6
hero calls
turn($22): T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
villian bets 20, hero calls (?)
river($62): 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif
villian bets 40, hero ?

Do you think that a flop raise is better than a call? why?

Does anyone make a move on the turn?
big raise? min-raise/check behind UI? fold?? What if I hadn't picked up the flush+gutshot? Set actually seems likely from this villian,aa,kk,qk,ak are possible too). Villian has 3-bet quite a bet.
As played can I call the river? We need to be good 40/100 = 2/5 of the time right? what are we expecting to see that we beat?

please, any comment on any street. thanks.

TreyOfLight
09-12-2005, 10:58 AM
The turn is a better place to raise than the flop. You have 12 "nut" outs and the J outs may be good too. I think that's your best chance to get a fold from a stronger king.

You don't have odds to just call for the flush; doing so obligates you to call the river.

fuzzbox
09-12-2005, 11:20 AM
Fold the river, we only realistically beat a bluff. AK/KQ/KT/K9 are all sitting there beating us over the head.

The only thing we beat are busted hearts.

fuzzbox
09-12-2005, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The turn is a better place to raise than the flop. You have 12 "nut" outs and the J outs may be good too. I think that's your best chance to get a fold from a stronger king.

You don't have odds to just call for the flush; doing so obligates you to call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do I have to throw good money at the river because I called the turn ?

I can probably bluff any /images/graemlins/heart.gif and get some value on any /images/graemlins/diamond.gif so calling the turn is ok. We might even have the best hand.

09-12-2005, 11:29 AM
I am an aggressive 25/50NL player but..

With two limpers I raise that from the button.

You must raise the flop. Make it $20 to go.

If you had done the above, this hand would play
itself from that point on.

TreyOfLight
09-12-2005, 01:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why do I have to throw good money at the river because I called the turn ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because:
[ QUOTE ]
We might even have the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, and I agree that calling the turn is not bad. But your best hand will cost another bet to show down, a lot of the time. If you count that equity in the turn-call decision, you need to follow through on the river.

With position, I'd rather spend the same money on a turn raise, and take a free showdown with anything I beat.