PDA

View Full Version : 200 Bet Basket +EV?

pokerrookie
09-10-2005, 12:19 AM
Complete newbie to sports betting...But Bet365 has the 200 bet basket. If I place a qualifying wager, I will get another four free at the same amount I bet (up to 50). I don't get the stake of my winnings on any free bets, but I would keep all winnings. It seems for this to work for me, all I need to do is win 1 of the five bets. I guess I would lose a couple bucks in fees to the site (vig?), but if I won two of the 5, I would be way ahead right. Assuming I have a 50% chance of winning each bet, this is +EV, right? Am I missing something? Anybody done this?

pokerrookie
09-10-2005, 12:25 AM
So, of course you guys have done this...reassure this rook. Also, give me a winner to pick, or at least a team that has a 50:50 shot.

MasterShakes
09-10-2005, 12:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So, of course you guys have done this...reassure this rook. Also, give me a winner to pick, or at least a team that has a 50:50 shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming that the line is correct, on any given game, either team has a 50% chance of covering. If you want an easy way to do this, go to pinnaclesports.com, look at the lines they have there, and bet anything that is different from what they have. They tend to have the sharpest lines out there, so anything different is more likely than not wrong.

And no, if you described the promotion accurately, you're not missing anything. I haven't done it yet though.

Ken_AA
09-10-2005, 02:17 AM
to get the second free bet, you have to make bets on ten seperate days in between the first free bet and the second one. so if your betting 50 bucks a bet (the max on the promotion) you gonna have to make 500 dollars worth of wagers to get the second free bet. then another 500 to get the third. also, these bets have to be placed on different calender days.

I just got my second free bet (and like a sucker I put it on GB +3). What I did to speed it along was take a few bridge jumpers on colelge football games without giving the points (Mich ST and Alabama), made the bets early in the week and counted it as two days.

make sure you read all the fine print on the promotions.

Ken

pokerrookie
09-10-2005, 08:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
to get the second free bet, you have to make bets on ten seperate days in between the first free bet and the second one. so if your betting 50 bucks a bet (the max on the promotion) you gonna have to make 500 dollars worth of wagers to get the second free bet. then another 500 to get the third. also, these bets have to be placed on different calender days.

I just got my second free bet (and like a sucker I put it on GB +3). What I did to speed it along was take a few bridge jumpers on colelge football games without giving the points (Mich ST and Alabama), made the bets early in the week and counted it as two days.

make sure you read all the fine print on the promotions.

Ken

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that came to me in a dream last night. I woke up knowing that I had missed something. Oh well, the life of a rookie. Let's hope my original bet and my first freebie work out well. I knew it seemed too good to be true.

For the record, I took Michigan (-7) and the Titans (+7). Don't see how Michigan can lose this game, give the revenge factor, home field, and the fact that Notre Dame might be the most overhyped team in football. Titans pick was sort of a homer for me, but Pitt doesn't have any running backs. I figure the Titans should easily be able to keep this within 7, and in fact, I think they can win. Pittsburgh's offense is not explosive enough to take advantage of Tennessee's pitiful defense. And Tenns offense should be able to put up points. I heard one analyst say that Rothlisberger looked worse than Kordell Stewart ever did in the preseason. Oh well, wish me luck. This weekend is probably my first and only venture into sports betting.

zipo
09-10-2005, 03:07 PM
>>For the record, I took Michigan (-7) and the Titans (+7). Don't see how Michigan can lose this game, give the revenge factor, home field, and the fact that Notre Dame might be the most overhyped team in football. <<

nh

pokerrookie
09-10-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
>>For the record, I took Michigan (-7) and the Titans (+7). Don't see how Michigan can lose this game, give the revenge factor, home field, and the fact that Notre Dame might be the most overhyped team in football. <<

nh

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, so much for my first shot at Sports Betting. But it isn't all bad news. Apparently, the only thing I know less about than Sports Betting is "How to use the Betting Site's Software." While I thought I took Michigan, when I logged in to my account, I had won the bet (+$43). Go Irish!!! VNH

Regardless of my dumb luck, I have learned my lesson and will not be placing any more bets. Thanks to you guys for your help. Perhaps I will see you in another forum soon.

fnurt
09-10-2005, 04:35 PM
Darwin is foiled yet again! vnh

2+2 wannabe
09-10-2005, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, so much for my first shot at Sports Betting. But it isn't all bad news. Apparently, the only thing I know less about than Sports Betting is "How to use the Betting Site's Software." While I thought I took Michigan, when I logged in to my account, I had won the bet (+$43). Go Irish!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

well done