PDA

View Full Version : The National Past Time

TMFS9
09-09-2005, 11:46 PM
Growing up playing baseball I went to a summer baseball camp multiple years. Each year the college's hitting coach would give the same speech, about the national past time. The theme of his speech was basically baseball isn't the national past time, the national past time in his opinion was transferal of blame. It was a great speech and probably the most influence speech i've heard in my life.

I live just south of Baton Rouge, and about an hour north of New Orleans. We were extremely lucky through the storm and had nothing but a few down branches. Second my prayers go out to everyone adversely affected by this storm.

In the 10 days since the storm, I have been intently paying attention to the news broadcasts, reading forums, and talking to others in this area and from New Orleans.

Not once have I heard somebody say "I [censored] up"
Every one is pointing fingers all the way from the evacuees to the President. The New Orleans residents are saying they are too poor to evacuate it's the governments fault not theirs. The local governments are blaming the feds and the the residents, when they were holding up the feds. Someone else is to blame, not them. IMO one of the greatest problems of our society is the transferal of blame, and right now it's getting ridiculous.