PDA

View Full Version : I folded a set and didn't look back

09-09-2005, 11:33 PM
50 nl. I'm about even. I have the third highest stack of those involved in this hand.

Raise to $2 with black TT from mp. BB and two EP limpers call.

Flop: K /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9
Checked through. Is this a mistake?

Turn: T (no heart)
BB bets $3, EP1 pushes, EP2 and I fold.

This seems about right. Basically my only question is whether checking through on flop was right. I didn't really want to open up the betting with a middle-low pair on this draw heavy board and be faced with a check-raise. I knew that if i hit my set on the turn I was going to fold anyway, no reason to stay in the hand when I'm going to fold unless I improve to a straight, right? Also, am I really scared of a heart here with two high hearts already out?

I just switched over to the cash game grind from STTs, so sorry if these questions are novice/easy.

09-09-2005, 11:46 PM
I don't think you can bet your tens on that flop for the reasons you said.

The fold seems quite clearly correct.

ajmargarine
09-09-2005, 11:47 PM
Just limping with TT after a few limpers is what I usually do. Otherwise, if you must raise, use the 4xBB + 1BB per limper guide, which would make it $3 to go preflop. Maybe even adjust that up because your hands not a powerhouse on many flops, and no one notices when you make small adjustments to your bet sizes anyways.

As played, your flop and turn play were fine. Anything else would be fancy play, and I hear that don't work too goot at the 50's.

09-09-2005, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hear that don't work too goot at the 50's.

[/ QUOTE ]

g1