PDA

View Full Version : A Weird Move Against a Suspected Trout...

W. Deranged
09-09-2005, 11:25 PM
Hey folks...

I'll just post this one from memory cause I don't wanna dig up the HH...

This is Party 5/10.

Villain in question ("Trouty") is in the BB and has numbers that look very 2+2y (18/8/2.7 over 134 hands... only thing off might be pfr but it's a smallish sample). Had a creative name which made good use of capital letters, and had been playing solid, taggish poker so far. I vote trout.

Anyway, here the hand:

Pre-flop: Deranged open-raises in UTG + 1 with 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Everybody fold except for Trouty who calls.

Flop (4.4 SB): J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Trouty bets, Deranged raises, Trouty three-bets, Deranged calls.

Turn (5.2 BB): K /images/graemlins/club.gif

Trouty bets, Deranged raises...?

My basic thoughts were:

1. King is a scare card.

2. Villain may realize I'm 2+2 and hence give some credit to my line... or something.

3. Villain's flop three-bet may well have been thin (namely less than a pair of Js). For all I know I have the best hand. Getting a player with live outs to fold is good even if behind.

4. Even still, villain is probably capable of folding a J.

private joker
09-09-2005, 11:30 PM
Spewing. I think hands he defends like AJ/QJs and plays like this post flop are hands he's going to showdown with. I'd fold to the turn bet if not the flop 3-bet.

baronzeus
09-09-2005, 11:32 PM
I think your line is more believable if you just call the flop and raise the turn (like AK should play this hand).

W. Deranged
09-09-2005, 11:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think your line is more believable if you just call the flop and raise the turn (like AK should play this hand).

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but on the flop I'm not thinking about setting up a move on the turn, I'm thinking about maximizing value/protection on what I think is probably the best hand.