PDA

View Full Version : For those of you that use poker tracker...

09-09-2005, 11:20 PM
How has your omaha game benefited from using poker tracker, if at all?

beset7
09-10-2005, 02:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How has your omaha game benefited from using poker tracker, if at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

not really.

09-10-2005, 02:18 AM
I can see how keeping track of winnings and calculating BB/100 hands would give you a general idea of how you are as a player, but other than that...I dont know.

jhall23
09-10-2005, 02:29 AM
It's been good for me simply because I was pretty new to omaha and have had PTO the whole time. The main benefit is that I can review my sessions and find key big hands and review them to see if they were played well. It makes it a little easier to spot leaks.

If I had a lot of experience with the game and then got it I don't think it would be as usefull to develop the game, but it would still be a nice tracking tool that I would want regardless..

joewatch
09-10-2005, 03:36 AM
Poker tracker has been invaluable to the development of my game. After every session, I import the hands and review the hands that I played well, and the hands that I played poorly. I can usually figure out what I did wrong, but once in a while, I'm stuck and that is what 2+2 is for. There is no better tool to gauge how well you are playing and to improve your game. Period.

TheRempel
09-10-2005, 12:15 PM
It's certainly not as useful for Omaha as it is for Hold'em. Basically it gives me an easy way to track my winnings and organisemy hand histories. The only really useful function is the export stats feature.

Spellmen
09-10-2005, 01:44 PM
Hand playback is the #1 feature. It is nothing you can't do by scrolling through hand history files, but it makes it MUCH easier and organized. I also like the export notes feature. The hand categories section helped me find a couple different groups of hands that I was playing suboptimally, and I was able to go through the histories and rectify the problem