PDA

View Full Version : Bottom pair 4 handed, lead turn weakness

thesharpie
09-09-2005, 11:04 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif. UTG posts a blind of $2.
UTG (poster) checks, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (3.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, Button checks.

Turn: (1.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

River: (4.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds

Nick C
09-10-2005, 01:16 AM
Two calls on the turn is not really what I would have expected.

I'm really tempted to call the river. Button may have a flush, but if all he has is a jack, you chop with that, unless he has AJ. And he really hasn't shown any strength. He could be trying to steal with a missed gutshot. Or maybe he now figures his 33 is good.

Earlier in the hand, I might take a stab at the flop, versus UTG's worse-than-random hand (he just checked preflop) and whatever Button limped behind with.

W. Deranged
09-10-2005, 01:50 AM
This is weird.

I think flop and turn are good. I play check-and-see on the flop. I like the turn bet because you're pretty likely to be ahead at this point. The K is a good card for you.

Getting two calls sucks. One or both may be on draws, but a major draw hit on the river. Often one of the calls will be second or third pair. In a tiny pot with a player behind you (who may well have a weak Q or something) I think folding the river is fine. If you intend to showdown, I think I prefer bet-folding to check-calling anyway.