PDA

View Full Version : nutpeddlers-hate em' or join em'

phrosty
09-09-2005, 10:48 PM
the last couple nights there's been a new face on the 100NL tables at party (new to me anyway) and I don't know whether to envy, be disgusted by or emulate this guy. He's playing 4 tables with stacks of 200-250 on all of them-same story last night. Tonight he's loosened up to about 9% VPIP last night he was hovering around 7%. Is this even poker? On the other hand, why aren't I doing this? It kinda pisses me off that I'm really trying to play (read hands, steal some blinds, push some draws, mix up my big hand play etc etc.) and all this guy does is look for sets, flopped str8s/flushes-you know the drill and he's doubled plus on 4 tables! I know I'd get bored as hell playing nothing but premium pairs and AK but if the object is to make money...??? I'm wondering what people's opinions are of this style.

yvesaint
09-09-2005, 11:09 PM
Hey, some people just like making a steady, albeit, smaller profit. At full-ring, I can see nut-peddling being a real easy way to make some decent money, as there are just so many fish at a site like Party that just won't notice how tight you are. Just make sure you note his play and adjust accordingly.

Rockatansky
09-09-2005, 11:10 PM
If this guy is doing nothing but set farming, then I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that he's not all that great at deep-stacked poker. Here's a simple two-step strategy:

1) build a stack by pushing him around

2) once you build up aforesaid big stack, use implied-odds hands to break him

phrosty
09-09-2005, 11:19 PM
here's a better strategy-dont EVER give him action

mustardo
09-10-2005, 12:15 AM
by no action i hope you mean betting into him every single hand and shutting down if he calls!

Rockatansky
09-10-2005, 12:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
here's a better strategy-dont EVER give him action

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... thanks for the insight. I don't know WHAT I was thinking. Why bother exploiting this guy's obvious weaknesses?

gren
09-10-2005, 12:17 AM
Sounds like you have the right idea. He's not the only one at the table and not a tricky player.

I just started playing ring and it seems the hardest thing for me is trying figure out how to get the most money into the pot when I have the nuts.

09-10-2005, 12:54 AM
there is a guy at my $50 NL table right now who is 4/2/1.4 over 179 hands.

I'd rather chew glass than play that way, although, in those 179 hands, he is +$7.86, and no doubt well on his way to topping off his kids' college funds.

imported_anacardo
09-10-2005, 12:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I'd rather chew glass than play that way, although, in those 179 hands, he is +$7.86, and no doubt well on his way to topping off his kids' college funds.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is coming from a pretty tight player, too.
I know you look at my 20% VPIP and supress a shudder, Bridge. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

imported_anacardo
09-10-2005, 12:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you look at my 20% VPIP and suppress a shudder, Bridge. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

09-10-2005, 01:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you look at my 20% VPIP and suppress a shudder, Bridge. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You crazy lags are always mocking people with starting requirements.