PDA

View Full Version : wifi problem

DaveKForty7
09-09-2005, 08:12 PM
My wireless router worked fine the first night, my laptop picked it right up, the signal was 'excellent' on a different floor, and I was happy. Next day, I connect, the signal is 'very good' but the internet doesn't work. It's as if I'm not even connected, MSN messenger won't connect web pages won't load etc. I tried my laptop at another hotspot, worked fine. Any ideas on what's wrong (and suggestions on how to fix it?)

09-09-2005, 10:11 PM
Do an ipconfig see if you get an default gateway. Could just be that your router isn't connecting to your ISP (quite frequent)

DaveKForty7
09-11-2005, 12:19 AM
ok so run ipconfig/all... then what am i looking for?

wonderwes
09-11-2005, 02:53 AM
Your computer probably got turned off or went into hibernate. Go to network connections, right click your wireless icon and hit repair. It should try to get a new ip address and reset the dns. It always happens a lot when I boot back up my laptop.

DaveKForty7
09-11-2005, 10:41 AM
I'm not connected through that router right now, but I'll try that when I try to connect again.

DaveKForty7
09-12-2005, 07:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Your computer probably got turned off or went into hibernate. Go to network connections, right click your wireless icon and hit repair. It should try to get a new ip address and reset the dns. It always happens a lot when I boot back up my laptop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Repair didn't work. I should mention that this isn't the main computer running off this router. There's a computer phyically connected to it, and another laptop that everything is apparently working fine on. I can access the router homepage.