PDA

View Full Version : NFL picks week 1

NajdorfDefense
09-09-2005, 07:11 PM
Houston/Buff O/U 39 [down from 40]
I like the under alot with Losman and Carr. Buffalo has an excellent D. 3 units on Under.

PHL -2 @ Atlanta.
Doesn't look like Atlanta improved any from the last time these two played, and they released price. Eagles D looks the best I've seen since 1991. 3 units on Eagles. As we get closer to kickoff, I will probably up this one, but too soon to go real big on this one.

Naj

Chiefs -3 +110 2 units. Trent Green looks okay, and a killer combo of Priest and LJ get it done on a tough Jet D. No LaMont Jordan to spell CMart. Chad still recovering from shoulder surgery, and Chiefs D much improved, they are a very tough home squad. 3 units.

Rams -5.5 -107 at SF. I know, the trendy pick, but I don't see sf covering even at home with Martz' stinky away record. I think this could be coming out party for Steve Jackson. 3 units and tease with Eagles for 6 pts for 2 un.

NO at Carl -7 -100. Panther D and O much improved after return from injury even with loss of Mushin. NO always inconsistent, and mind on other things than football. 2 units.

PHL Even -107 at ATL. Adding to bet, 2more units. Loss of Price hurts Falcons more than loss of Pinkston, McNabb still has TO to throw to, Vick has no one but Finneran and Crumpler. Iggle D best I've seen in years. LJ Smith back from injury and at 100% helps both pass and run game. Slight worry about Tra Thomas but evidently he is fine. JJ's game plan will contain the speedy Vick and Dunn on the ground, but Falcs can't stop #5 running or passing. Unreal MNF record for Andy Reid, prime time games as well.

gl,
ytd 0-0 on NFL /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Naj

scalf
09-09-2005, 07:23 PM
/images/graemlins/smile.gif nice post; as usual; it's a tad ambiguous that you have picked panthers -7 over n.o. <you did; didn't you>; lol

actually; you have to suffer the tuffest test any capper can imagine...a complete agreement with the mighty scalf ..lol..what a fade..

lol

gl

let's get the cache from the man...all year..

gl

/images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

RunDownHouse
09-09-2005, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Rams -5.5 -107 at SF. I know, the trendy pick,

[/ QUOTE ]
How do you know this?

NajdorfDefense
09-11-2005, 07:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/smile.gif nice post; as usual; it's a tad ambiguous that you have picked panthers -7 over n.o. <you did; didn't you>; lol

[/ QUOTE ]

It's never ambiguous, for FOUR years I have put the spread next to the team I am betting, scalfie!

so, yeah 2-2 today with colts and Iggles still to come, my 2 big bets of the weak, altho under on Buffalo was a good sized one also.

gl

naj /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Easy E
09-11-2005, 11:10 PM
Looks as if the Eagles make or break you. I have a unit on them myself, so I'm rooting for both of us

RunDownHouse
09-11-2005, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
How do you know this?

[/ QUOTE ]
OK, since you decided not to respond, I'll educate you some. When the line opened at Rams -4.5, they got pounded. The line moved to -5.5, and they got pounded. The line moved to -6, and they got pounded. It didn't matter what they did with the line from there, the Rams got pounded.

You were part of the public gangbang. Have fun with that this season.

NajdorfDefense
09-13-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
How do you know this?

[/ QUOTE ]
It didn't matter what they did with the line from there, the Rams got pounded.

... Have fun with that this season.

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, I share my info with whom I chose to share it. If you don't like that, tough.

Yes, the Rams lost by 3 points, quite a 'pounding,' I'm sure that no favorite you have ever picked has lost by that much!

Your other comments are juvenile, off-topic, unhelpful to all, and disrespectful of the board.

best, /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Naj

NajdorfDefense
09-13-2005, 02:09 PM
Easy, my two big bets split with Colts covering easy and Eagles blowing it. So 3-3 this week on games, loss of less than one unit thanks to late betting the Colts, they won by more than I predicted.

best,

Naj /images/graemlins/heart.gif

fnurt
09-13-2005, 02:28 PM
I suspect 'pounding' refers to the fact of everybody and their mother betting the Rams, rather than the result of the game.

RunDownHouse
09-13-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I suspect 'pounding' refers to the fact of everybody and their mother betting the Rams, rather than the result of the game.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes.

NajdorfDefense
09-13-2005, 09:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee, that's funny - that's what I <font color="blue"> originally said </font> when I called them 'the trendy pick,' -- that everyone was betting them, then Mr. Wizard pretends like this info is impossible to obtain/know when the line had been moving all week.

I guess he made even less sense than I originally thought, by criticizing my dead-on take of the game.

Thank you for clearing that up. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Naj

NajdorfDefense
09-13-2005, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
How do you know this?

[/ QUOTE ]
It didn't matter what they did with the line from there, the Rams got pounded.
You were part of the public gangbang. Have fun with that this season.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, this guy is more schizo/crack smokin' than I thought. From his other post on the Rams:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=3375503&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;sb=5&amp; o=&amp;fpart=all&amp;vc=1

"Just a side note, the <font color="blue"> Rams were my biggest </font> play this Sunday, followed by TB. I also played Cleveland, Baltimore..."

So, truthfully, you're really one of the 'public' who got "pounded...in a gangbang" on Sunday then.

Have fun with that this season.

Game, Set, Match. Go back to offering keg suggestions.

Naj