PDA

View Full Version : Survivor Pool Picks

PittRounder
09-09-2005, 06:43 PM
Hey guys, I'm brand new to this whole survivor pool thing and figured I'd ask the 2+2 community for some help with my first pick.

FYI a survivor pool is where each person picks a straight up winner each week in the NFL, and cannot pick the same team twice throughout the season.

I'm thinking Washington at home vs. the Bears in week 1. Any comments?

09-09-2005, 08:10 PM
This is a rough slate to start the season with -- if forced to play, I'd choose Carolina.

09-09-2005, 08:54 PM
2+2er IHateKeithSmart set up a suicide pool this year in which some other 2+2ers have participated. The Rams and Steelers were very well represented. I wasn't confident enough about the Steelers to pick them, but for what it's worth, that was that group's concensus.

tech
09-09-2005, 10:17 PM
I took NE in my survivor pool this week. If forced to take another one, I would go with Buffalo.

pokerrookie
09-10-2005, 12:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
2+2er IHateKeithSmart set up a suicide pool this year in which some other 2+2ers have participated. The Rams and Steelers were very well represented. I wasn't confident enough about the Steelers to pick them, but for what it's worth, that was that group's concensus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Before they lost both RB's?

maxpower72
09-10-2005, 12:35 AM
The key to survior pools is to remember that they are over alot soooner than you think they will be. Don't save teams pick good teams playing bad teams.

MasterShakes
09-10-2005, 12:38 AM
My survivor picks this week were in this order:

1) Patriots
2) Panthers
3) Bills

Stick to home teams.

IHateKeithSmart
09-10-2005, 02:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The key to survior pools is to remember that they are over alot soooner than you think they will be. Don't save teams pick good teams playing bad teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very true. My big pool at work last year had 550 entries and was over in week 12. Of course, I didn't listen to this advice this year and picked the skins and steelers week 1 for my 2+2 pool.

lastsamurai
09-10-2005, 07:18 AM
I would watch out for that pick. The bears have a good D and if orton plays a ball control game...this game is a coin flip.

I took ST Louis in all three of my picks.