PDA

View Full Version : Football picks for this weekend/Bitching

01-16-2002, 11:48 AM
Predictions:

Philly (+3.5) vs Bears

- The line is 2.5 or 3.0 most places, but it can be found at 3.5. If you can get the Eagles +3.5 take it. The game is sure to be close, with two great defenses (1 and 2 in points allowed per game), and offenses that aren't exactly stellar. Even if the Eagles lose by a field goal, you win the bet.

Oakland (+3.0) vs Patriots

- Take the Patriots with the points. The have played one game in the past month, and are well rested. Not to mention the fact that the Raiders have not played well coming down the stretch. True, they beat the Jets last week, but the Jets had to travel across the country 3 times in the span of 4 or 5 days. Plus, it is very difficult to beat the same opponent on their turf two straight weeks. Therefore, the fact that the Raiders won this game should not give one a great deal of confidence in them.

Baltimore (+5.0) vs. Pittsburgh

- Take the Ravens with the points. They were very inconsistent down the stretch, but are coming off a dominating defensive performance against the Fins. This will be a very close, low scoring game, one which is dominated by the defenses. I would be very surprised if Baltimore does not hang within 5 points of the Steelers.

Green Bay (+10.0) vs. St. Louis

- Take the Packers with the points. I am the least confident in this game, only because the Rams score so many points, yet display a high level of inconsistency at times. If the Rams don't turn the ball over like they did in their two losses, they should have an easy victory. However, I have a hunch (nothing more, nothing less) that they will commit a few turnovers, and that Brett Favre will have a big game (as he usually does in important games) allowing the Packers to hang close enough to cover.

...last week I was 4-0 against the spread (not that that proves anything), and hopefully my predictions will come out the same way this week.

Bitching:

Why is it that people on this site (and other forums) feel the need to answer genuine, well thought out questions, with an heir of sarcasm and condescension? I have found that many questions I have asked have been thought to be unnecessary or unimportant by others. Therefore, they answer with a rather pompous attitude. Why don't they just ignore the post and not respond? Ok, that's enough bitching...

--Homer J. :-)

01-16-2002, 02:45 PM
You're taking 3 of 4 road teams? I smell trouble.

natedogg

01-16-2002, 04:28 PM
Never said I was taking them to win, just taking them with the points. I guarantee (not really) that the Eagles/Bears and Ravens/Steelers will be tight games. If I can get more than 3 points for the two road dogs in these games, I'll take it. Incidentally, in the other game in which I picked the road team (Packers), I am not nearly as confident...

--Homer J.

01-16-2002, 08:15 PM
In the future you may want to post this on our Other Gambling Games forum which is mostly sports betting.

As for question, we do our best to try to maintain a civil tone on all the Two Plus Two Forums. Of course, it is really up to all posters to see that this happens, but in general most posters are polite to each other and it helps to make these forums the success that they are.

Best wishes,

Mason