PDA

View Full Version : ($16) FPS/Ridiculous Bluff hand #1

durron597
09-09-2005, 06:37 PM
Alright, I've filled my *normal* hand quota for the day, time for a few FPS hands. I had just reraised this guy allin the previous orbit with QQ, he had A9o in the SB and I double up.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter (http://www.pokerhand.org)

SB (t2840)
Hero (t4925)
UTG (t3495)
Button (t2240)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t400</font>, Hero calls t200.

Flop: (t675) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t200</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t4500</font>

octaveshift
09-09-2005, 07:41 PM
Given the stack sizes, and the action on the previous hand, you have have the right conditions to jam.

BUT, without knowing the villain- he open minraised, then lead the flop. What range are you expecting? Any ace?

Edit: I should add that I am very leery of bluffing into people that aren't capable of folding. Did you push into him with QQ?

bigt439
09-09-2005, 07:52 PM
FPS is not a good thing, so when you describe your hands as such (accurately so), you shouldn't be playing them that way. Like your other thread, moves like this have a place in the game, but you need to be doing them for a reason... or else it's just FPS.

The Yugoslavian
09-09-2005, 07:53 PM
I dunno, seems like calling should work well too. Most hands ahead of you will be calling your allin unfortunately. I'd rather just wait for the turn card when I can either get a stronger hand to fold (due to a scary turn card) or I can give the villian another chance to give information up about his hand. Right now, it's difficult to put him on a hand and I'm not really interested in letting him take away most of my stack on the bubble if he's playing a strong hand here.

If I had complete junk here I like raising to perhaps 1100 or so and then folding to an allin.

Yugoslav