PDA

View Full Version : 66 and the war of words that ensued

Inthacup
04-28-2003, 01:02 AM
2 4 game, basking in the weakness of others.

UTG+1 limps, I raise in the CO w/ 66, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 8 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

Checked to me, I bet, SB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: 3 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

Check, bet, call

River: 2 /forums/images/icons/club.gif

Check, bet, call.

I show, he shows AQun. The war went as follows:

Him: nice raise
Me: Nice calling
Him: I knew you had crap
Me: It must be satisfying to pick off a bluff like that
Him: keep playing like that
Me: Shhh, I'm stacking your chips (thanks Clarkmeister)

travisand
04-28-2003, 01:16 AM
If he was so sure you had crap he should have tried betting or raising. Of course in his mind he was probably bluffing you out of the pot by calling.

Nice hand.

Bob T.
04-28-2003, 01:16 AM
You won the hand, and I think you won the postmortem repartee. Really, does he think he played well, when he played his hand - call, call, call, call, call.

Punker
04-28-2003, 03:08 AM
The whole end of hand discussion is pointless. You should have said "I figured you had pocket 8's and was trying to make you fold them".

A fairly routine hand overall other than that.

lil'
04-28-2003, 11:35 AM
What a tool.

I had someone similarly question my play yesterday. I open raised from the SB with a Q. A queen flopped and he check called me the entire way. I win the pot, and after it's over he says, "Nice catch."

I also thanked him for his nice calls. Surprisingly, that was the end of it.

Inthacup
04-28-2003, 12:07 PM
The whole end of hand discussion is pointless.

Actually, I don't think it was pointless at all. When he says: "I knew you had crap", that gives me all I need to know. He doesn't respect my raises or my bets.

A hand that happened within the next 15 minutes:

I get A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif K /forums/images/icons/heart.gif and open raise in MP, folded to him on the Button, he cold calls, BB calls.

Flop: A /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif K /forums/images/icons/club.gif 9 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

BB checks, I bet, button calls, BB calls.

Turn: 10 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

BB checks, I bet, Button calls, BB folds

River: K /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

I bet, Button raises, I 3-bet, Button says "uh oh" and calls. He shows K /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif J /forums/images/icons/club.gif .

When he called preflop, I knew there was a very good chance that it was a hand that he would regularly limp with, but called with me because I raised with "crap". I knew when I bet the flop he put me on anything but AK or better. I knew when he raised the river, he thought he had a winner. I knew when he called the 3-bet, I outplayed him.

SoBeDude
04-28-2003, 06:47 PM
You played in the small blind with only a queen? man you should have complained to the dealer that you only had one card. glad you won though!

-Scott

Bob T.
04-28-2003, 06:57 PM
Some people play so good, that they only need one card. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

I think remember either a post or article by Tommy Angelo, where he got dealt one card on the button, and raised preflop, then before the dealer burned and turned requested his second card.

AceHigh
04-28-2003, 07:53 PM
From the movie, the Cinncinati Kid, after the Kid's opponent sucks out on him:

Kid: "How do you play like that?"

Opponent: "Kid, you pay to play, lessons are extra."

lil'
04-28-2003, 09:44 PM
Well it was online, so it was obvioulsy a software glitch.
/forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Punker
04-29-2003, 01:52 AM
If you hadn't said word one, how would you have played the hand differently?

Inthacup
04-29-2003, 10:34 AM
Depending on the opponent, there are several plays I'd make. Occasionally, against an overly aggressive opponent, I'd bet the flop in this situation, and check-raise the turn. Considering how he played the previous hand and how he viewed my game vs. his, I know that if I checked the turn, it would have just been checked through. I never let off the gas on this hand, no fancy plays, just bet bet bet. He was expecting it after seeing how I played 66.