PDA

View Full Version : Poker student

spaminator101
09-09-2005, 04:19 PM
So one of my friends seems to like poker a lot. Hes read SS1 and part of my SS2, and i think thats all. He seems to have a lot of the qualities that make a good poker player,(aggresiveness, shows little emotion, and many other good qualities.) Theres only one problem, He has a short attention span and can't pay attention to anything for very long/

I'd really like to help him out as i think he could be very good at this. Any help would be appreciated.

09-09-2005, 04:31 PM
although it seems like your friend shows some good poker qualities, the fact that his attention span is so short will definitely hold him back. he wouldn't make a good tourney player, and for cash games he'd need patience. until he can improve mentally, those other skills don't matter much.

spaminator101
09-09-2005, 04:34 PM
Yeh i was thinking that. I think i could probably get him to pay more attention though if hes doing something he likes.

09-09-2005, 04:39 PM
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/5946/ritalin6lt.jpg

mudbuddha
09-09-2005, 10:21 PM
most importantly teach him bankroll management..
i have a bunch of friends.. who think they're great, but they just dont know what their doing they jump to 5-5 NL n 10/20 limit games.. bc they won "omg 300$" (half a buy in) but are surely to go broke if they continue doing what theyre doing against my advice

probably the least taught, yet most important part of being a good poker player. rarely talked about in books..