PDA

View Full Version : Older women & insanity?

09-09-2005, 03:16 PM
I have a question that needs the wisdom (or whatever you want to call it) of OOT.

My brother just turned 32. He's single, good job, not gay, does okay with the ladies. He does not, however, currently have a girlfriend. He was over having drinks last night, we're shooting the [censored] and he wanted my opinion. He said that except when he goes young, a lot of the women he ends up dating are divorced, and it's not always easy to see why. He's a little leery of getting too involved with anyone crazy, having been burned in that area at least once.

His question to me, which I ask to OOT: Which do you think are more likely to be insane, divorced women or women who are still single in their 30s, and why?.

(BTW, so that this isn't an overly sexist question, the same thing applies to men, although I'd personally substitute creepy for insane)

mslif
09-09-2005, 03:20 PM
I don't understand why a divorced woman or a single woman in her 30s would be insane /images/graemlins/confused.gif

jakethebake
Well the spinsters may have never married because they were crazy, while the others may have gotten dumped because they were crazy. I think the fact that they're female is probably a bigger indication that they're crazy than the divorced/unmarried thing.

lucas9000
all women are insane.

MrWookie47
09-09-2005, 03:21 PM
I voted the single women, but I can't say I have much experience. I'd expect a larger fraction of the divorced women have had some sense smacked into them when they got divorced.

Shajen
[ QUOTE ]
Well the spinsters may have never married because they were crazy, while the others may have gotten dumped because they were crazy. I think the fact that they're female is probably a bigger indication that they're crazy than the divorced/unmarried thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clear, concise, and too the point. Ok, who took over Jake's account? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

STLantny
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

jackdaniels
[ QUOTE ]
I think the fact that they're female is probably a bigger indication that they're crazy than the divorced/unmarried thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

This - it is wise.

Patrick del Poker Grande
[ QUOTE ]
I think the fact that they're female is probably a bigger indication that they're crazy than the divorced/unmarried thing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Again, Jake nails it.

jaydub
09-09-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
all women are insane.

[/ QUOTE ]

09-09-2005, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why a divorced woman or a single woman in her 30s would be insane /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes you (a generic woman you, not you specifically) get divorced or don't get married because you're insane. You make everyone's life a living [censored], whatever.

I'm not saying ALL women, divorced or spinter, are insane. But, without question, some part of each group is going to be certifiably nuts. The question is essentially in which group are you more likely to find a whacko?

kerssens
09-09-2005, 03:45 PM
Don't half of marriages end in divorce? There aren't that many crazies out there.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-09-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't half of marriages end in divorce? There aren't that many crazies out there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Something like 51% of the population is female. Typically, 50% of all who are married are also female. There's your answer.

kerssens
09-09-2005, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Something like 51% of the population is female. Typically, 50% of all who are married are also female. There's your answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

And how many are in their 30's?

HopeydaFish
09-09-2005, 03:51 PM
Every 30+ woman I've ever met who was still single and had never been married was a total nutbar. Some of the divorced women I have met who were over 30 were relatively sane (for a woman), but had married men who done something horrible to precipitate the divorce.

So, with my small sample size, I believe it is more likely that a divorced woman over 30 is sane, rather than a woman over 30 who has never been sane long enough to lure a man into marrying her.

Bluffoon
09-09-2005, 03:51 PM
I dont know about insane, but both groups are demonstrating an inability to form and/or maintain relationships. Your (his) job is to find out why and whether they have since or are currently developing the relationship skills to form and maintain one now.

Al P
09-09-2005, 03:55 PM
I'm 31 and single (and male). You have a couple of 2-3 year relationships when you're in your 20's and all of a sudden you're 30 and unmarried.

The divorced chicks got dumped because someone was sick of putting up with their [censored].

09-09-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The divorced chicks got dumped because someone was sick of putting up with their [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Or they got fat and attached to the Lifetime Channel.