PDA

View Full Version : Give credit to a random player? 50NL

canis582
09-09-2005, 01:27 PM
I had just sat down at a 50NL 6max table and my first hand in the BB is TT.

One limper, then Villian who has $50 is in MP and makes it 2 to go. I folded to me and I make it 5. Villian min raises to make it 8 and I call. $17 in the pot.

The flop is 5 7 9 rainbow. I lead for $13 and he min raises to 26 so I fold.

All the min raises look like value bets to me. Which would mean that he has AA or KK maybe QQ. He would have pushed instead of min raising after the flop if he had AK or AQ.

I probobly wasted $13 when I bet out on the flop, although I was hoping he had AK. Check fold was probobly a better play. Agree?

MINETZ
09-09-2005, 01:29 PM
when he min raises u and u dont flop a set i check fold the flop.
Noah

jkkkk
09-09-2005, 01:33 PM
Call pf.

wtfsvi
09-09-2005, 01:48 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar på:</font><hr />
Call pf.

[/ QUOTE ] That's an idea. So is a real raise. Don't min-reraise preflop. That sucks so bad. (As does $1 more than min-reraise.)

GrunchCan
09-09-2005, 02:16 PM
I like just calling PF. It helps with pot control, for one thing. For another, you have bad position thru the hand. For another, villian raising with a limper before him reduces the chance that he is stealing, which reduces the relative strength of your hand somewhat. Just call PF, PSB the flop no matter what comes since it's HU, fold to any raise. You leverage fold equity, you give yourself a chance to win a big pot by spiking a set, and you minimize your losses by hnot bloating the pot PF.

troymclur
09-09-2005, 02:23 PM
I don't mind the fold, especially since you have no information about the table. I would however have check raised, assuming he'd make his usual min-raise. You would have spent only a little bit more money for alot more information.