PDA

View Full Version : Using Stars W$ to enter prelim WSOP events?

CWilly
09-09-2005, 12:49 PM
I plan on being in vegas next summer around the start of the WSOP, and would like to enter a prelim event (probably a $1500 freezeout).

If I qualify for random stars tournys throughout the year and then unregister, could i save up the W$ and use them to enter such an event?

Cheers,

CWilly

dogmeat
09-09-2005, 01:05 PM
At this time, I do not believe Poker Stars owns Harrah's and the WSOP. However, if you contact PS, they might be able to arrange something for you.

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif

CWilly
09-09-2005, 01:15 PM
For this years WSOP, all the prelim events were shown in the pokerstars lobby and it looked like they enabled you to actually buyin to the events from here, so I put 2+2 together and thought that maybe W$ could be used to enter the tournaments. Can anyone confirm or denounce this?

Nick-Zack
09-09-2005, 01:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If I qualify for random stars tournys throughout the year and then unregister, could i save up the W$ and use them to enter such an event?

[/ QUOTE ]

Normal tournaments pay out in T$.

CWilly
09-09-2005, 01:42 PM
Ok, so could i buy into the prelim events with either T$, W$, both......or neither!!

PennDisc
09-09-2005, 02:07 PM
Stars allowed you to buy in using W$ only. (no T$ and US$) It was also only for certain events with TV coverage - the events they had in the lobby (like 15 events) were all available to enter using W$. You had to wear Pokerstars gear too. To enter, you had to write in to wsop@pokerstars.com so you couldn't just do it from the lobby.

CWilly
09-09-2005, 02:20 PM
Thanks for clearing that up.

CWilly