PDA

View Full Version : driving to work today (trip report)

lucas9000
09-09-2005, 11:42 AM
ok so i'm driving in to work this morning. i'm driving down a one-way street...about 3 lanes wide. i'm in the far left lane, because i'm turning left a couple blocks up. this white grand prix is to my right...it's some douche talking on his phone. well, he cuts me off to get into my lane, so i do what any sensible driver would do and give him a leaner. he then SLAMS on the brakes, so that i have to do so also to avoid rear-ending him. it was close...and it's not like i was tailgating him...he cut me off. so then he drives off, and i decide it's on.

at the intersection where i'm turning left, another left turn lane opens up on the far left. he stays in the current lane, and i get in the new left turn lane, which puts me on his left. the light is red up ahead and he's stopped behind about 3 cars. so, i pull up along side him and roll down my window. he's got his window down, so i yell "why don't you get off the phone and learn to drive?!?" his response: "if i had a gun right now i'd blow your [censored] head off!" ok. now i'm really pissed. so i say "why don't you get out of the car you [censored] bitch and let's go!" i've called his bluff. he starts jabbering about how he was on the phone with the hospital because his mom is there...i tell him he should get off the road. he starts jabbering again about me speeding up when he was trying to get over (he didn't have his turn signal on and i wasn't trying to block him...i just drive fast). i see that he's not going to get out and do anything, so i give him the finger extra hard as i drive away. what a bitch.

CrazyEyez
09-09-2005, 11:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
so i give him the finger extra hard

[/ QUOTE ]
Heh heh you go, boy.

joshman1204
09-09-2005, 11:45 AM
nh

jakethebake
09-09-2005, 11:45 AM
"word"

lucas9000
09-09-2005, 11:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Heh heh you go, boy.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was doing it as hard as i possibly could.

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/2653/mooninites2rz.jpg

A_C_Slater
09-09-2005, 11:49 AM
He put you on tilt.

What does speeding up accomplish as he pulls in front of you?

It's not like he's thinking "I'm gonna cut this little pussy bitch off, and he's not gonna do anything about it, because he's a pussy and he lets everyone stick it in his ass."

It's completely impersonal. And you personalized it in your imagination.

smokingrobot
09-09-2005, 11:49 AM
you could've told him that if he wanted to you would ensure he got to the hospital too, right next to his mother.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-09-2005, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He put you on tilt.

It's not like he's thinking "I'm gonna cut this little pussy bitch off, and he's not gonna do anything about it, because he's a pussy and he lets everyone stick it in his ass."

[/ QUOTE ]
NO! It's a cut on his manhood. Do it, Lucas!

mslif
09-09-2005, 11:50 AM
I have never thought you would have called his bluff. Nicely done.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-09-2005, 11:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have never thought you would have called his bluff. Nicely done.

[/ QUOTE ]
She's cutting on your manhood too, Lucas. Stick it to her!

lucas9000
09-09-2005, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He put you on tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

i already said i didn't speed up to [censored] with him or anything. i didn't pay much attention to him until he'd cut me off (he never turned on his turn signal, so i had no reason to be much concerned with him until he cut me off).

cutting me off is one thing. you cut me off, i give you a leaner, we both go about our business. it's standard stuff. i cut people off too. what i DO NOT do is try to cause an accident by slamming my brakes after i've just cut someone off. when someone does that, they put my health and safety at jeopardy. that's where it crosses the line. if he'd only cut me off, i would have been perfectly satisfied with the leaner. but, he decided to risk bodily injury and property damage. i don't like someone putting me at risk, whether it's in a car or anywhere else. and then on top of that he makes a threat about shooting me!

lucas9000
09-09-2005, 11:55 AM
Post deleted by lucas9000

CrazyEyez
09-09-2005, 11:55 AM
You should have given him the su-fi. (http://www.urbandictionary.com/images.php?imageid=39221)

smokingrobot
09-09-2005, 11:56 AM
the ass in this story may not have intentionally cut off the hero, but he certainly almost caused an accident had hero not been paying attention. in other words - he could have seriously caused a much larger problem. i dont think this was a merely a matter of insulted manhood (or at all). its a matter of not being a [censored] ing idiot on the road.

i would prefer not to have some schmuck cut me off and get into accident and have my insurance go up and risk injury and pay my 1K deductable etc etc, or would you?

i would certainly get pissed off in this situation, as would 99% of most drivers.

the other 1% being non drivers.

also, the guy was obviously a [censored] up, with the "if i had a fun" threat, thats just ridiculous.

i say too bad you didnt get to knock that mother [censored] er out on your way to work L9k.

swede123
When he said "if I had a gun" you knew you were pretty much OK. It's the fucker who doesn't say anything but starts digging in his glove compartment you gotta watch out for. I hate when people yap on the phone while driving stupidly. Somehow it makes their bad driving even more annoying.

Swede

A_C_Slater
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He put you on tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. I'm just a weak little faggity pussy bitch that takes it in the ass everyday on our nations freeway system. By golly, no more! I shall have my revenge! I will right every wrong ever done to me by man next time some [censored] cuts me off!

Lock and load, bitches.

Lock and load.

lucas9000
09-09-2005, 11:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You should have given him the su-fi. (http://www.urbandictionary.com/images.php?imageid=39221)

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...that's awesome.

lucas9000
09-09-2005, 11:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He put you on tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. I'm just a weak little faggity pussy bitch that takes it in the ass everyday on our nations freeway system. By golly, no more! I shall have my revenge! I will right every wrong ever done to me by man next time some [censored] cuts me off!

Lock and load, bitches.

Lock and load.

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't read much, do you?

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-09-2005, 12:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He put you on tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lock and load, bitches.

Lock and load.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's what I like to see around here - people realizing their shortcomings in life and deciding to make a stand to reclaim what's theirs. You go, AC, you go.

kerssens
09-09-2005, 12:00 PM
leaner?

lucas9000
09-09-2005, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
leaner?

[/ QUOTE ]

when you lean on the horn for like a second (basically, more than a beep or honk).

the friend i got that term from uses the leaner a lot...some might say too much. he'll give leaners when HE was the one in the wrong /images/graemlins/grin.gif

kerssens
09-09-2005, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
leaner?

[/ QUOTE ]

when you lean on the horn for like a second (basically, more than a beep or honk).

the friend i got that term from uses the leaner a lot...some might say too much. he'll give leaners when HE was the one in the wrong /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

the coolest thing I ever saw was in Chicago. I was sitting in a park and a guy got cut off and he gave a 10 second leaner. sad that's the coolest thing i've ever seen /images/graemlins/frown.gif

smokingrobot
09-09-2005, 12:05 PM
ahhh, finally a word to substitute for "i layed on the horn for 30 seconds as i passed this ass**** diving with complete disregard for other people on the road"

jakethebake
09-09-2005, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
leaner?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought maybe you threw a horseshoe at him.

CrazyEyez
09-09-2005, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
leaner?

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.vpisports.com/images/HORSE.jpg

CrazyEyez
09-09-2005, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
leaner?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought maybe you threw a horseshoe at him.

[/ QUOTE ]
Whoa - I must be getting old. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Los Feliz Slim
When my LA commute went from 10 minutes to 40 I resolved to never get this mad on the road again. There are too many psychos who DO have guns (see getting-run-off-the-road thread). I take a deep breath, relax, and vent about it at work and on OOT.

Not worth getting shot, and some douchebag was eventually going to shoot me if I kept giving them the finger.

kerssens
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
leaner?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

two points right?

smokingrobot
09-09-2005, 12:09 PM
10 seconds? thats it?

[censored] i'll slow down to an idle and lay on the horn for a good 20 seconds complete with stare and "what the [censored] are you doing"

there's this hwy on the way to my job and there are these cut outs for u-turns and some for left turns. they fill up a lot, as its heavy traffic sometimes, but in the span of 1/2 mile there are about 6 or 7 of them. the problem is that people decide to park in the LEFT lane (the passing lane) of a heavily trafficed road and STOP traffic waiting for the car in the cut out to make a u-turn. this can take some time depending on the volume of cars on the road and these people must pay.

jakethebake
09-09-2005, 12:09 PM
They make special gay horseshoes now? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

kerssens
09-09-2005, 12:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
10 seconds? thats it?

[censored] i'll slow down to an idle and lay on the horn for a good 20 seconds complete with stare and "what the [censored] are you doing"

there's this hwy on the way to my job and there are these cut outs for u-turns and some for left turns. they fill up a lot, as its heavy traffic sometimes, but in the span of 1/2 mile there are about 6 or 7 of them. the problem is that people decide to park in the LEFT lane (the passing lane) of a heavily trafficed road and STOP traffic waiting for the car in the cut out to make a u-turn. this can take some time depending on the volume of cars on the road and these people must pay.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe it was more, it was 3 years ago. for me to remember it I'm sure it was more than 10 seconds. That stuff is not that common here, a bunch of pussies driving around here.

smokingrobot
09-09-2005, 01:54 PM
whenever i hafta drive around philly i always have one hand ready to lay on the horn.

some of the roads looks smaller than if your in the burbs, but most of 'em are 2 lanes and their is always always ALWAYS some idiot driving down the middle taking up both lanes.

mslif
09-09-2005, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
most of 'em are 2 lanes and their is always always ALWAYS some idiot driving down the middle taking up both lanes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get so annoyed at that!!!! Pick a [censored] lane!

kerssens
09-09-2005, 01:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
whenever i hafta drive around philly i always have one hand ready to lay on the horn.

some of the roads looks smaller than if your in the burbs, but most of 'em are 2 lanes and their is always always ALWAYS some idiot driving down the middle taking up both lanes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just hit them. That'll teach one person. Then they'll hit the next person to teach them and so forth. Eventually everyone learns.

smokingrobot
09-09-2005, 02:11 PM
if i had a 86 datsun i would be a crazed maniac.

but since i really am attached to my car without dents and scrapes, i have to keep my aggession to verbal onslaughts, horn honking, and stare downs.

DasLeben
09-09-2005, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There are too many psychos who DO have guns (see getting-run-off-the-road thread).

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you implying something? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ulysses
09-09-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i decide it's on.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are clearly the man.

Just in case there was any doubt...

[ QUOTE ]
so i say "why don't you get out of the car you [censored] bitch and let's go!"

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
so i give him the finger extra hard as i drive away. what a bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shajen
09-09-2005, 02:51 PM
OOT needs more Devil.

jakethebake
09-09-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
most of 'em are 2 lanes and their is always always ALWAYS some idiot driving down the middle taking up both lanes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get so annoyed at that!!!! Pick a [censored] lane!

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] douche bags!!!

J.A.Sucker
09-09-2005, 03:59 PM
Too bad he didn't have a gun on him as he said. Your post would be a lot more interesting. I'm sure you would've kicked his ass, Charles Bronson style, anyway, sidearm bedamned.

sfer
09-09-2005, 04:45 PM
I want a picture of you driving as my avatar.

09-09-2005, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.baitcar.com/sites/baitcar-com.bryght.net/files/oncoming.jpg

ONCOMING!!!11!!! (http://www.archive.org/download/baitcar_com_on_coming/baitcar_com_on_coming_high.wmv)

Edit: Just skip to the 2 min mark of this vid.

DasLeben
09-09-2005, 05:25 PM
I just watched this whole thing. Bait car rocks.

lucas9000
09-09-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.chuysparade.com/gallery_aus03/images/shriner.jpg

scalf
09-09-2005, 05:30 PM
/images/graemlins/mad.gif your behavior in most states is illegal; and should be. technically you meet criteria for adjustment disorder with imprope/aggressive conduct.

i suggest anger management; and wonder : how much drinking?

gl

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif

lucas9000
09-09-2005, 05:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/mad.gif your behavior in most states is illegal; and should be. technically you meet criteria for adjustment disorder with imprope/aggressive conduct.

i suggest anger management; and wonder : how much drinking?

gl

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sponger15SB
09-09-2005, 05:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Too bad he didn't have a gun on him as he said. Your post would be a lot more interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

This story would have been way better had the guy got out a gun and killed him over all this.

He wouldn't have been able to post about it from the grave though, so that doesn't make much sense.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-09-2005, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Too bad he didn't have a gun on him as he said. Your post would be a lot more interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

This story would have been way better had the guy got out a gun and killed him over all this.

He wouldn't have been able to post about it from the grave though, so that doesn't make much sense.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would've much preferred the guy getting a gun out, but Lucas busting out some Bruce Lee [censored] on him and busting him up in the middle of downtown Denver rush hour.

lucas9000
09-09-2005, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i decide it's on.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are clearly the man.

Just in case there was any doubt...

[ QUOTE ]
so i say "why don't you get out of the car you [censored] bitch and let's go!"

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
so i give him the finger extra hard as i drive away. what a bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

09-09-2005, 05:43 PM
Once he said he was on the phone with the hospital I'd have backed off. This can't be BS on his part. Nobody could think of that that quickly.

He was probably under a lot of stress. Normally, I'd say ni han sir but not sure about this one.

And the extra hard finger to boot is a little much. I'd go with the hand wave-away in his general direction.

Supersetoy
09-09-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's what I like to see around here - people realizing their shortcomings in life and deciding to make a stand to reclaim what's theirs. You go, AC, you go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ever seen the movie "Falling Down"? Probably everyone on here has.

I'd just like to say, that my day is coming. You'll see me on national television. I knew I was going to be famous one day.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-09-2005, 05:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Once he said he was on the phone with the hospital I'd have backed off. This can't be BS on his part. Nobody could think of that that quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]
Superdouches have this line ready when they get into action.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-09-2005, 05:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ever seen the movie "Falling Down"? Probably everyone on here has.

I'd just like to say, that my day is coming. You'll see me on national television. I knew I was going to be famous one day.

[/ QUOTE ]
This movie is awesome. I was actually starting to picture Lucas going off like this, but then he pussed out.

09-09-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Superdouches have this line ready when they get into action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya think?? I guess it depends on my read of villain. If he says it convincingly, I'll fold, if not, I'm pushing OTT with 3 high.

DasLeben
09-09-2005, 06:09 PM
You should have done this:

When he yells at you that he'd shoot you if he had a gun, just call the cops. Get his license plate number, and tell the police that there's a man with "license plate number blah blah blah driving around threatening people with a gun."

You go on your merry way, and he gets pulled out of his car at gunpoint. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

lucas9000
09-09-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

He was probably under a lot of stress. Normally, I'd say ni han sir but not sure about this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's still no excuse for trying to cause an accident. surely if he is heading for the hospital he doesn't want to be held up by the hassle that would be caused if i'd rear-ended him when he slammed on the brakes. we'd have to wait for the cops to show up, give statements, etc.

[ QUOTE ]
And the extra hard finger to boot is a little much. I'd go with the hand wave-away in his general direction.

[/ QUOTE ]

this was kind of an aqua teen hunger force reference, as i indicated by that picture i posted.

09-09-2005, 06:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

that's still no excuse for trying to cause an accident. surely if he is heading for the hospital he doesn't want to be held up by the hassle that would be caused if i'd rear-ended him when he slammed on the brakes. we'd have to wait for the cops to show up, give statements, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good point. I forgot that he did this. This is totally and utterly uncalled for.

vnh. Bonus points if you keep a golfball in your car and you can fire it at his car as you drive away. More bonus points if you are close enough to yell "FORE!" and have him hear you, when you throw it.

RunDownHouse
09-09-2005, 06:48 PM
Actually, a handful of change is much, much better than this. Louder, less chance of actual damage, less chance of evidence.

lucas9000
09-09-2005, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bonus points if you keep a golfball in your car and you can fire it at his car as you drive away. More bonus points if you are close enough to yell "FORE!" and have him hear you, when you throw it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i first read that as "goofball" for some reason.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-09-2005, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bonus points if you keep a golfball in your car and you can fire it at his car as you drive away. More bonus points if you are close enough to yell "FORE!" and have him hear you, when you throw it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Was mslif with you?

Supersetoy
09-09-2005, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Was mslif with you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder how many people will get that joke?

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-09-2005, 07:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Was mslif with you?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Outside of you, me, Lucas, and mslif, probably just Jake and maybe Shajen.

Supersetoy
09-09-2005, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Was mslif with you?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I spend way too much time on the internet I suppose. Although that story was posted on MULTIPLE forums a few years back if I remember correctly.

lucas9000
09-09-2005, 07:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Was mslif with you?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't get it /images/graemlins/frown.gif

mslif
09-09-2005, 08:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i don't get it /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

tom441lbk
09-09-2005, 08:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ok so i'm driving in to work this morning. i'm driving down a one-way street...about 3 lanes wide. i'm in the far left lane, because i'm turning left a couple blocks up. this white grand prix is to my right...it's some douche talking on his phone. well, he cuts me off to get into my lane, so i do what any sensible driver would do and give him a leaner. he then SLAMS on the brakes, so that i have to do so also to avoid rear-ending him. it was close...and it's not like i was tailgating him...he cut me off. so then he drives off, and i decide it's on.

at the intersection where i'm turning left, another left turn lane opens up on the far left. he stays in the current lane, and i get in the new left turn lane, which puts me on his left. the light is red up ahead and he's stopped behind about 3 cars. so, i pull up along side him and roll down my window. he's got his window down, so i yell "why don't you get off the phone and learn to drive?!?" his response: "if i had a gun right now i'd blow your [censored] head off!" ok. now i'm really pissed. so i say "why don't you get out of the car you [censored] bitch and let's go!" i've called his bluff. he starts jabbering about how he was on the phone with the hospital because his mom is there...i tell him he should get off the road. he starts jabbering again about me speeding up when he was trying to get over (he didn't have his turn signal on and i wasn't trying to block him...i just drive fast). i see that he's not going to get out and do anything, so i give him the finger extra hard as i drive away. what a bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

first of all sir, i want to say cudos on deciding when "its on" and excellent follow through, great trip report, look forward to seeing others.

tom441lbk
09-09-2005, 08:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Heh heh you go, boy.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was doing it as hard as i possibly could.

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/2653/mooninites2rz.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

hhahahahhahh,