PDA

View Full Version : 5/10 players who play only on Party

flair1239
09-09-2005, 10:45 AM
You guys are missing out plain and simple. For those of you who have suffcient bankroll say 600BB or so.

I usually keep about 150BB on sites where I might play 3-tables or so. On sites where it is obvious I will usually only be on one table I keep about 50BB.

On many of these sites you can get good rakeback deals.

As you play more sites, you will realise the fish are everywhere. The advantage PArty provides is you can always get on a game.

But at these smaller sites, the games are consistently better than Party. I am usually running 2 party games and 2 other games.

Last night I had 4 games going on the other sites.

At a level where game selection is so vital, I think you are giving up too much at 5/10 full, only playing party.

SeaEagle
09-09-2005, 10:48 AM
Which other sites? I find the big sites (Stars, Prima, UB) to be consistently less fishy than Party. Pacific rocks but I hate the interface soooo much.

MaxPower
09-09-2005, 10:52 AM
You are so right, but this is the kind of thing I would never post.

flair1239
09-09-2005, 10:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Which other sites? I find the big sites (Stars, Prima, UB) to be consistently less fishy than Party. Pacific rocks but I hate the interface soooo much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought so about UB at first as well. But do yourself a favor. Before you write a site off. Play it for a couple months. Try to work in 2000-3000 hands each month.

This will get you used to the interface (It always takes me a couple weeks to get comfortable with a new site's look and pace). Also during that time you will have the oppurtunity to gather notes.

Don't get me wrong, there are nights where I have logged into some of these sites, and said "No way not tonight" and went on to three-table Party and have one game somewhere else.

But in order of frequency I play at: (18,000-20,000 hands a month)

1. Party
2. UB
3. Absolute
4. Pacific
5. Poker Stars
6. Paradise

I am also going to be returning to the PokerRoom. There 5/10 game is consitently good (plus it is a 1/2 blind structure which is nice), but I had to abdicate during my downswing (I pulled out, because I do hate the Pokerroom interface). Now that I have sufficent bankroll again, I am going to get a Pokerroom skin account.

flair1239
09-09-2005, 10:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You are so right, but this is the kind of thing I would never post.

[/ QUOTE ]

I though about it and decided I wanted to post it.

Because I believe there is enough of a concentration of fish at these sites, where having some 2+2 players come over to start more games would be beneficial.

At some of these sites the games break to fast right now. This is fine when it is the fish who stays, but often this is not the case.

SO I think I would benefit from having some more tables available at these sites. So I really don't mind posting it here.

KDawgCometh
09-16-2005, 10:43 PM
how is absolute overall. what order would you rank the 5/10 games in by site, and how many of the sites work with PT

paperboyNC
09-16-2005, 11:58 PM
I have to agree. Since I stopped playing exclusively on party, I've made an extra $1600 in bonuses + rakeback in 2 months. A lot of sites have much softer games than party /images/graemlins/smile.gif