PDA

View Full Version : PacificPoker - deposit bonus ripoff?

beernutz
04-27-2003, 02:42 PM
Ok Iike a good little bonus whore I attempted today to open an account at Pacific since they are *reportedly* offering a 25% deposit on first bonus. When you go to the site, this is clearly confirmed by a big '25% deposit bonus' ad on their home page. However, when I attempted to use Neteller to make my deposit, the bonus suddenly becomes 20%. Now this is not a major deal, but when a site pulls the old 'bait and switch' on me it tends to put my ripoff radar on high alert, looking for what else they may not be telling me. I emailed their support but haven't heard back yet. What is the story here?

crazy canuck
04-27-2003, 03:07 PM
Beer, I did get the 25% bonus but didn't get other bonuses from them I was supposed to. I got an e-mail from liveactionpoker.com that said i get $30 if I sign up. Also pacific said that they pay me 10 dollars extra, if I sign up. Sure enough this was enough temptation, but didn't get nada of the 40 bucks (didn't e-mail support because I didn't care about the 10 bucks, but did e-mail liveactionpoker and got no reply).

Anyhow, I'm pretty sure they'll credit you with the extra 5% bonus, but support is kind of slow.

beernutz
04-27-2003, 03:28 PM

Inthacup
04-27-2003, 03:44 PM
Don't they cap it at $50? When I started there, I deposited $200 and got the $50. The bonus was 25% when I got it. I believe lorinda had a similar problem as you did though.

On a side note: I LOVE their hand history section. The only thing that is bad about it is that it doesn't show mucked cards at showdown. Seeing the action as it unfolded is great though.

beernutz
04-27-2003, 03:59 PM
Right, its capped at $50 regardless of whether you get a 20% or a 25% deposit bonus, so the only question is do I have to deposit $200 or $250 to get the maximum bonus. I am more concerned about the site though because if they can screw this up it is possible they may tend to run other things in a slipshod way too. I get enough headaches from the 4 odd sites I have deposits in now to deal with another one. Even a bonus whore has his limits.

Inthacup
04-27-2003, 04:32 PM
Their customer support is excellent. They are very accomidating and respond quickly. 1 thing you should know: it takes 5 days to cashout. That's their standard cashout time.

rusty JEDI
04-27-2003, 04:52 PM
Their customer support is excellent. They are very accomidating and respond quickly

This is a surprise to me, everytime ive had a problem there it takes a day or two for the initial email response (usually not solving the problem), I then send a response to that, then after 1 ro 2 more days i get a reply with a response that is suiting to the orinal email.

beernutz
04-27-2003, 05:57 PM
Pacific suppport wrote me back saying that they would give a 25% deposit bonus on a Neteller initial deposit. They were unaware however that their own client was giving out the bad information on the 20% bonus and wanted to know where I had received my information. As I told them when I wrote them back, you go to the Cashier, click Deposit, then choose Neteller. Immediately a popup window appears announcing a 20% deposit bonus for using Neteller. I guess they forgot about this popup. Thanks for all the replies.

Juggler
04-27-2003, 06:08 PM
If you think their support is excellent, then I think you ask easy questions.

Mike Haven
04-27-2003, 06:46 PM
i have always found their support staff (and there are hundreds of them) to be the most polite people on the internet, but to be total dunderheads as far as poker is concerned

Jim Kuhn
04-27-2003, 09:44 PM

lefty rosen
04-27-2003, 10:14 PM
The bonus maybe bait and switch but they are legit I have played a shade over 5 weeks there, spaced over 2 months and every cashout has arrived, and there were no games. They even payed me a bonus that I forgot about in the middle of my session. This was a next deposit bonus.

rusty JEDI
04-28-2003, 01:52 AM
Ok Iike a good little bonus whore

Beernutz, i thought you started the bonus sluts. Im glad i saved my last rant to word, here it goes....

I am quite upset about all the wannabe whores posting and throwing the term around like they really know what it is like to be a true whore.

ramjam..."I shall be joining you as soon as I've finished whoring on Empire."
grannymae..."i'll post a diary all the way to granny shaking rusty-jedi's hand at the registration table, then me WINNING the whole thing. stay tuned, i'll give a whore report every 2 weeks"

So it looks like i have to say it again... I noticed your use of the word whore, and in an ealier thread i saw someone else refer to themselves as a whore. But as much as you wannabe whores call yourselves whores, you still wont be true whores until you've paid your registration fee.

It takes much more than going after a single deposit bonus or two. It takes much more. If you dont maximize your whore potential you will be punished. In fact if you dont use two monitors to play more sites at one time, then you are a lesser whore and your registration fee doubles.

So please wannabe's do not dirty the word whore by using it frivolously. Pay your registration and use it with pride.

rusty JEDI...the anointed whore cop.

beernutz
04-28-2003, 02:08 AM
UNION? NO!

beernutz, the bonus bitch