PDA

View Full Version : terrible flop, am i taking this to showdown?

09-09-2005, 09:49 AM
Party Poker 5.00/10.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

MP1 is 50/10/2.2
MP3 is 11.4/8.5/1.6

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12.00 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP3 calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.00 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

River: (13.00 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.00 BB.

How does this look? What can i do differently?

ErrantNight
09-09-2005, 09:56 AM
yes

PTjvs
09-09-2005, 10:00 AM
Terrible, flop perhaps, but great turn/river.

I'd put villian on AJ w/A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, flopped two pair, or something of that ilk. possible he flopped a set, but unlikely he'd play a flopped flush that fast. (and a 50/10 is usually raising preflop with any wired pair that flopped a set here). The river caught you up with some of his possible 2 pair holdings. No way you can fold this.

jvs

09-09-2005, 10:01 AM
I know i did, but do i have to?

JerseyTom
09-09-2005, 11:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The river caught you up with some of his possible 2 pair holdings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do we really put villain on J8, J2, 82? I think AdJx and JxTd are far more likely (you're a slight dog to both these hands), followed by a made flush or a set (you're a huge dog).

I think bet/call on the flop is fine. MP3's cold-call on the flop is curious. He either completely whiffed with AK no diamond, or he was raising light to begin with to isolate the donk.

Turn: I check to see what MP3 does if MP1 leads again, though giving a free card to a lone /images/graemlins/diamond.gif here would suck. Yeah, bet/call is the way to go.

Based only on stats (i.e. no real read) you have to call down against this opponent, especially after MP3 folded the turn. He's extremely aggressive and you're getting 11:2 to call down from the turn. I know; it's icky...

Tom

NickRegino
09-09-2005, 12:39 PM
I play a little differently, I would bet the flop, call the raise, wait for a safe turn and river(check/call the turn) and raise the river if no diamond hits. If 3-bet call.

shant
09-09-2005, 12:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I play a little differently, I would bet the flop, call the raise, wait for a safe turn and river(check/call the turn) and raise the river if no diamond hits. If 3-bet call.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a really great way to help your opponent complete his free card play.

PTjvs
09-09-2005, 12:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The river caught you up with some of his possible 2 pair holdings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do we really put villain on J8, J2, 82? I think AdJx and JxTd are far more likely (you're a slight dog to both these hands), followed by a made flush or a set (you're a huge dog).

[/ QUOTE ]

Villian here is 50/10. It's pretty hard to put him on AJ, even though it makese sense, because it's hard to imagine he wouldn't raise AJ preflop. J8 &amp; J9 are definately possible, and perhaps J2 as well. Also possible are AA/KK, as lots of these idiots play "opposite man", limping strong holdings &amp; raising weak ones. I really cant put him on a set either, as again you'd think he'd raise preflop, and very few donks will play a flopped flush that fast. If I had to guess, id put his mostly likely holdingas as some two pair combo most likely, some pair + draw next (QJ, JT, Qd9s, etc) next, then flopped monster (straight more likely than flush), and even AA/KK as more likely than a flopped set.

You just have to get inside the head of the 50/10 player.

jvs

TemetNosce
09-09-2005, 03:00 PM
Given the type of player that you were up against, I like how you played it.

Betting flop is good and you didn't give him a free card given on turn if he is jamming you with the naked A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif or some type of straight draw. River looks good, too.