PDA

View Full Version : chuck norris v. mike tyson

unlucky513
09-09-2005, 08:57 AM
who wins?

ddollevoet
09-09-2005, 10:09 AM
In his prime, Tyson was unstoppable... even by Chuck Norris.

SL__72
09-09-2005, 10:44 AM
Chuck Norris in his prime, Tyson 10 years from now, Tyson still kicks his ass no problem.

STLantny
09-09-2005, 10:46 AM
um...i think the real question would be, what percentage of chuck norris, would mike tyson eat.

closer2313
09-09-2005, 10:56 AM
Chuck Norris

If you ever saw that episode of Walker Texas Ranger where he killed a bear with his bare hands, you would know why.

smokingrobot
09-09-2005, 10:58 AM
this is difficult for so many reasons

1) tyson cant box - no technical skill
2) tyson definately has more mass, so the force of his punch will most likely knock norris right the [censored] of his feet
3) is this tyson in his younger days? or present?
4) ibid for norris
5) while norris may be akung fu master, i wonder how he would hold up if tyson could get inside and close ... i am assuming tyson would only need a few shots to the chin to bust norris, but could he get them in?

jeez, i cant decide.

unreal_nh
09-09-2005, 10:58 AM
http://totalworkout.homestead.com/files/chuck2.jpg

is it even close???

unlucky513
09-09-2005, 11:14 AM
this has been an ongoing debate with my friends..

assume both are in their prime.

chuck wins the UFC fight, tyson wins the street fight.

i don't think there would be anything scarrier than having to fight mike tyson in a street fight. that dude is crazy, no telling what he'd do.

09-09-2005, 11:15 AM
Since the late 1980s, Chuck Norris has been training with Rickson Gracie and an guy named Machado in Brazilian Jujitsu. Norris may be a black belt at this by now. The Chuck Norris of 15 years ago would beat the Mike Tyson of 15 years ago.

Today, I take Tyson because Norris is 60 years old or more.

samjjones
09-09-2005, 11:48 AM
You guys do realize that before he became a cheesy action star, Chuck Norris was a world-class karate champ. If in their absolute primes, I still think Tyson wins this, since a properly motivated 21 year old Tyson was like Tony Montana at the end of Scarface.

lucas9000
09-09-2005, 11:50 AM
it's norris pretty much no matter what.

steelcmg
09-09-2005, 11:51 AM
i bet this guy could kill tyson.
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/8774/killerwrestler2sg.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Jersey Nick
09-09-2005, 12:02 PM
Chuck got his 8th degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do at age 57. I'll happily take the 65 y.o. martial artist grand master over the 37 y.o. former boxer. In their primes, it's still Chuck, AIIEC.

09-09-2005, 12:09 PM
Tyson all the way. Norris is a pussy.

Tyson would rip his [censored] ear off.

09-09-2005, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tae Kwon Do

[/ QUOTE ]
My ass. Ever seen those guys in NHB? What a joke.

Brazilian Jujitsu/ renshin kan kills em every time. Tyson's power would do the same thing here.

SL__72
09-09-2005, 12:27 PM
Tyson brings a lot of things to a fight that I couldn't say Norris would. First he is definately stronger/in better shape. Tyson brings raw, I'm going to kill you, aggression to a fight. The number one thing I know Tyson has is the ability to take/recover from a punch. I can't say Norris doesn't, but being able to not only stay on your feet, but continue to fight back after taking a shot to the face is something that definately takes experience.

My guess is there hasn't been a point since Tyson was about 18 (Norris was already in his mid 40's by then) that he couldn't have kicked Norris' ass.

hotdog da 2rd
09-09-2005, 12:32 PM
chuck norris rocks.......

http://img319.imageshack.us/img319/7479/chucknorris013kv.jpg

but i'm gona go w/ tyson on all the below. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

coffeecrazy1
09-09-2005, 12:36 PM
I've read all the posts, and all make fairly valid points...but...as great as Tyson is, I cannot bring myself to vote against a man with several black belts, including one at its highest attainable degree.

Norris, in his prime, was not the friendly, cuddly guy he is now. The man used to spar and stay with Bruce Lee, for God's sake.

I don't think it would be an easy fight for either...and I don't think it's 100% that Norris would prevail, especially if fighting pre-jail Tyson. That said, I just cannot go against someone with that much experience and ability.

jaydub
09-09-2005, 12:36 PM
I don't think anyone is giving enough importance to the fact that Tyson made millions fighting the best in the world. He was a huge success in the most lucrative fight organization in the world, pro boxing.

Tyson and it's not even close.

Jersey Nick
09-09-2005, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think anyone is giving enough importance to the fact that Tyson made millions fighting the best in the world. He was a huge success in the most lucrative fight organization in the world, pro boxing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Tyson would win since he made more money at pro boxing than Chuck did at pro karate? /images/graemlins/confused.gif
That is a lame argument.

hotdog da 2rd
09-09-2005, 12:47 PM
can you imagine blocking a punch from mike tyson w/out his boxing gloves on? just imagine taking a swing from a baseball bat.

it's tyson and it's not even close.

one punch...

http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/4725/mortalkdfaaf6fa.jpg

jaydub
09-09-2005, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Tyson would win since he made more money at pro boxing than Chuck did at pro karate? /images/graemlins/confused.gif
That is a lame argument.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm saying pro boxing attracts the better fighters due to the much larger money. It's just so much more competitive due to the stakes involved and tyson was the best in the world.

Edit: Oh and a question for the Norris experts, how does one compete to be a karate champ? Is it form or sparring?

Inthacup
09-09-2005, 12:53 PM

your logic is terrible

Shajen
09-09-2005, 12:54 PM
this thread makes me want to take a crap.

http://411ca.org/images/Poo%20poo.JPG

CrazyEyez
09-09-2005, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Chuck got his 8th degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do at age 57. I'll happily take the 65 y.o. martial artist grand master over the 37 y.o. former boxer. In their primes, it's still Chuck, AIIEC.

[/ QUOTE ]
Holy god, I had no idea Chuck was that old.
Next you'll be telling me that Ralph Macchio is in his forties.

jaydub
09-09-2005, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

your logic is terrible

[/ QUOTE ]

Not Uh.

Who's a better poker player, the guy dominating nosebleed NL at the Bellagio or that dude who dominates the local church fundraiser tournaments?

Similar skill sets, vastly different payouts. The best go to where the money is, see my wicked logic skills now?

CrazyEyez
09-09-2005, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

your logic is terrible

[/ QUOTE ]

Not Uh.

Who's a better poker player, the guy dominating nosebleed NL at the Bellagio or that dude who dominates the local church fundraiser tournaments?

Similar skill sets, vastly different payouts. The best go to where the money is, see my wicked logic skills now?

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe a better analogy would be:
Who would win a mixed game - a world-class KC lowball player or a world-class NL HE player?

SL__72
09-09-2005, 01:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

is it even close???

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.planetboxe.com/GaleriePhotos/GalerieTyson/mike4.jpg

Nope.

Shajen
09-09-2005, 01:05 PM
Here's a better analogy:

Who would win, a guy that uses only his hands to fight or a guy that uses his hands, legs, arms, elbows, head, etc, to fight? Who would win, the man that's trained for over 40 years or a guy that started training at age 16? (Or whatever it was for Tyson. You guys are seriously under-rating Chuck Norris, and it's depressing)

LetYouDown
09-09-2005, 01:12 PM
If it's a fight to the death, and kicking is involved, Norris wins and it's not even remotely close. Remove the Texas Ranger image from your heads and realize this guy is a world class martial arts master. Tyson would just charge at him and absolutely get his ass handed to him. He'd probably have two broken limbs in a matter of seconds. In a boxing match, Tyson...no contest.

hotdog da 2rd
09-09-2005, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Here's a better analogy:

Who would win, a guy that uses only his hands to fight or a guy that uses his hands, legs, arms, elbows, head, etc, to fight? Who would win, the man that's trained for over 40 years or a guy that started training at age 16? (Or whatever it was for Tyson. You guys are seriously under-rating Chuck Norris, and it's depressing)

[/ QUOTE ]

norris haven't had a professional fight in 30 yrs. 30 yrs is a really long time.

can't believe people are suggesting that a 65 yr old man can beat up mike tyson. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

chuck norris rocks btw.

SL__72
09-09-2005, 01:13 PM
You're overrating training and underrating fighting experience, aggression, strength and age.

LetYouDown
09-09-2005, 01:17 PM
For those of you disregarding Chuck Norris due to age, what about our favorite Asian guy...assuming he had Chuck Norris' ability.

http://www.jiggscasey.com/images/movies/bloodsport-chongli.jpg

hotdog da 2rd
09-09-2005, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For those of you disregarding Chuck Norris due to age, what about our favorite Asian guy...assuming he had Chuck Norris' ability.

[/ QUOTE ]

this guy can't even beat jean-claude. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Rduke55
09-09-2005, 01:30 PM
I can't believe I'm actually posting in this thread.
Mike Tyson (or any top tier heavyweight pro boxer) would kill Chuck Norris. Even Chuck Norris in his prime. I mean actually KILL him.

People do not realize how hard these guys hit, how fast they are, and how much punishment they can take.

I'm a 200 lb blackbelt and some "bag of meat" heavyweight could snap my neck with a right cross.

And Chuck Norris' "World Class" status is from point Karate. Kinda different from full contact.

Black belts don't mean [censored].

jaydub
09-09-2005, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

your logic is terrible

[/ QUOTE ]

Not Uh.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe a better analogy would be:
Who would win a mixed game - a world-class KC lowball player or a world-class NL HE player?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

jaydub
09-09-2005, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If it's a fight to the death, and kicking is involved, Norris wins and it's not even remotely close. Remove the Texas Ranger image from your heads and realize this guy is a world class martial arts master. Tyson would just charge at him and absolutely get his ass handed to him. He'd probably have two broken limbs in a matter of seconds. In a boxing match, Tyson...no contest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kicking? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sorry, I'm just cracking up at the thought of Chuck Norris trying to land a roundhouse kick to Iron Mike's head.

Ohhh, maybe he'll try a flying jump kick like I see Jet Li do in the movies.

miajag81
09-09-2005, 01:36 PM
Assuming both are in their primes, Tyson and it's not close. You guys who are voting for Norris must only be familiar with the ear-biting, sucky Tyson of present and not the unstoppable juggernaut Tyson of the mid-80s.

Rduke55
09-09-2005, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Assuming both are in their primes, Tyson and it's not close. You guys who are voting for Norris must only be familiar with the ear-biting, sucky Tyson of present and not the unstoppable juggernaut Tyson of the mid-80s.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take Tyson in ten years vs. Norris in his prime.

SL__72
09-09-2005, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Check my first post in this thread.

jaydub
09-09-2005, 01:38 PM
Actually, what I want a poll on is whether Mike SIIHA after all is said and done. I vote yes.

Rduke55
09-09-2005, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Check my first post in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was referring to.

SL__72
09-09-2005, 01:40 PM
Either that or eat his heart/kill his children.

SL__72
09-09-2005, 01:40 PM
/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I thought you were just having the exact same thought.

Rduke55
09-09-2005, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this is difficult for so many reasons

1) tyson cant box - no technical skill

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a joke? Back in the pre-prison days, Tyson was a technically superb boxer. He could hit like a truck so everyone thought he was just a puncher but you cannot say anything against his skills, especially when he was still with D'Amato.

09-09-2005, 02:05 PM
I'm actually in the process of setting this one up right now. The baddest man on the planet versus the world's premier martial artist. In a fight....TO THE DEATH!!!!!!

This one will be coming to you live over the internet from a basement in Haiti. For only $129.95 you can be a part of this epic and historical clash of the titans. Two men will walk in, but only one will walk out.

TStoneMBD
09-09-2005, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

your logic is terrible

[/ QUOTE ]

Not Uh.

[/ QUOTE ]

you dug yourself even deeper.

what about the losing players in the nose-bleed games at the bellagio, that feed oceans of money into the game? would you take a losing player at 4k/8k or would you take the local church fundraiser pro? its not close.

jaydub
09-09-2005, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

you dug yourself even deeper.

what about the losing players in the nose-bleed games at the bellagio, that feed oceans of money into the game? would you take a losing player at 4k/8k or would you take the local church fundraiser pro? its not close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm Tyson prime isn't very comparable to a high limit donator. He did ok for himself. As for current Tyson, he's kinda like a Doyle Brunson who's just worn down and impatient. Can't quite keep up like he used to but still dangerous.

To answer your question, it depends. Are we talking about a Matusow-like imploder, a Jerry Buss-like rich dude who just can't beat the Iveys, or a rich fish? I definitely like the first two but #3 is not close. But I don't see even current Tyson as analogous to #3.

jakethebake
09-09-2005, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this guy can't even beat a blind jean-claude. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yellowjack
09-09-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

is it even close???

[/ QUOTE ]

I just spent 3 minutes looking at your avatar. I think I missed my bus.