PDA

View Full Version : SNGs and MTTs -- like ice cream and ketchup

AtticusFinch
09-09-2005, 06:07 AM
I've never been much good at multi-tabling, although I've gotten to where I can two-table without too much -EV. But lately I've been mixing and matching SNGs and multis when I two-table. If my results are any indication (I know, low sample size blah blah), this appears to be a very bad idea for me.

I suspect that the two very different mentalities needed for SNGs and MTTs (especially early) just don't mix well.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

applejuicekid
09-09-2005, 01:52 PM
Yes, I have had exactly the same experience. I never mix SNG's and MTT anymore. I have great difficulty playing them both at the same time. Actually, I have trouble playing 2 MTT's simultaneously. I don't know why, but when I play a MTT I like to only have one table open.

schwza
09-09-2005, 02:28 PM
nah, i like it. then if i get deep in a mtt i can stop loading stt's.

BigHobo
09-09-2005, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my strategy as well. MTTs usually start out so slow that I like having a couple of STTs going just to keep my mind occupied. If things start going well for me at the MTT I just don't restart any STTs and focus solely on the MTT.

pooh74
09-09-2005, 02:37 PM
I like butter pecan with Heinz...you guys?

pooh74
09-09-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

psyduck
09-09-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

same.

downtown
09-09-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
nah, i like it. then if i get deep in a mtt i can start loading Step 5 stt's.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

AtticusFinch
09-09-2005, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my strategy as well. MTTs usually start out so slow that I like having a couple of STTs going just to keep my mind occupied. If things start going well for me at the MTT I just don't restart any STTs and focus solely on the MTT.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was the idea I had when I started doing it. Perhaps I just need to give myself a little more time to adjust.

MegaBet
09-10-2005, 09:35 AM
Don't do it. You may find yourself being too timid on the SNGs and pushing too much on the MTTs.

Ogre
09-10-2005, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]