PDA

View Full Version : Martha McSally's lawsuit

01-15-2002, 05:32 PM
I'm curious what folks think about this case.

McSally, a respected lieutenant colonel in the Air Force, has filed a lawsuit against the sec. of defense. She seeks repeal of the rules which require U.S. sevice women stationed in Saudi Arabia to dress in traditional Saudi manner when off base. Other requirements are that woman be accompanied by a man. So in some situations you have a higher ranking female officer, dressed in a face and body covering 'abaya' following in the rear of her male subordinates.

01-15-2002, 05:57 PM
Someone tell Col. McSally that we won't be allowed to protect our vital interests in the Persian Gulf if we don't show our hosts some respect.

Without that oil, Col. McSally's airplanes will be grounded.

Good thing she's not an undercover CIA operative. "OK, I'll try to infiltrate the Geisha house to get info, but you've got to let me wear bluejeans." Sheesh.

Bobby

01-15-2002, 06:44 PM
There is no need for us to protect Saudi Arabia just because they have oil. Saddam, Osama and the Devil himself would gladly sell us all the oil we want. I have never really understood why we get so worked up about who the particular dictator of the decade is over in the Middle East. It just doesn't matter as the almighty American Dollar has the final word.

Furthermore, I don't understand why a military officer, or enlisted soldier for that matter, should have to subjugate themselves to some totally bass ackwards culture. What kind of message does that send to the rest of the world? Do you think that when people see a US officer in a burka, they think that America stands for liberty, justice and self realization? Not a freakin chance.

01-15-2002, 10:20 PM
if she sues under the americans with disabilities act shell win for sure.

brad