PDA

View Full Version : Possible to change IP address?

Folding Pete
09-09-2005, 04:29 AM
Here's the thing. I'm playing poker online in Thailand so I cannot make deposits or withdrawls on Party (cannot access IGM from my location). I have to get a member of my family to do them for me back home (Ireland).

Is there any way to either change my IP address here or set up some access through Ireland so that I can make these deposits directly from here?

Always be folding

HesseJam
09-09-2005, 04:44 AM
I have the solution to your problem:

I struggled with this also because I am a Germany based player but still have an American bank account from the time I worked in the states. I pleaded with customer services to make the IGMPAY option available to me but it has been denied because "you need to be an American resident and need to have an American mailing address".

Just by coincidence I discovered that this was your typical uninformed, out-of-the-box answer from CS. As a matter of fact, the solution to the problem is as easy as it goes (Ihope this works for you too): You go to cashier, then click deposit or cash out. On the top of the page, a bit to the right, there is a field "select your country" which is probably set to "Thailand". Choose "United States" and the IGMPAY option appears. GL!

Folding Pete
09-09-2005, 06:12 AM
Mine is a different problem, unfotunately. When I hit deposit it opens a paypro window saying:

Error: Please Read

Sorry, we do not accept deposits from your location.

For further clarification you may contact our Support Center at +350 41120 (International Rates Apply) or +1 (877) 766-1204 (Toll free from US and Canada only).

Please note the error number 601.
Error: 601

I don't get to the screen where you can change country (my Pary address is Ireland). I assume they do some sort of IP address check which is giving me this.

Always be folding

HesseJam
09-09-2005, 07:06 AM
Sorry!

If you have friends or family in Ireland that have a LAN internet setup which is always switched on, ask them to give you their LAN IP. Then directly connect to their LAN and go from there. I do not know how to do it exactly but there is a way.

There are also anonymizer sites that allow you to do this but I would be weary giving out my login info to them.

whiskeytown
09-09-2005, 07:28 AM
the IP's though are international IP's - tracked and routed -

they can't just give him an internet IP from Ireland - it won't be routed thru the internet - the software is reading the Internet IP, which comes from a block in Thailand, unfortunately, or wherever -

you're sorta stuck on this one - a MAC address can be done, but not an IP - not if you still want traffic coming back - don't know how off the top of my head I'd do it -

RB

HesseJam
09-09-2005, 07:32 AM
Yes but you can log into the Irish LAN via remote access and make the LAN request the login - with the Irish IP. No?

whiskeytown
09-09-2005, 07:37 AM
in theory, you could - LOL - if you had remote desktop on that far desktop.

might be easier to move though - /images/graemlins/grin.gif

yah, that could work -

RB

Baulucky
09-09-2005, 07:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
make the LAN request the login - with the Irish IP. No?

[/ QUOTE ]

Or make an international phone call to access the Irish ISP. Login, depo/withdraw/whatever, logout, hangup. It can't be that costly.

HesseJam
09-09-2005, 08:12 AM
nh, any dial up outside Thailand would do.

JAque
09-09-2005, 08:54 AM
I haven't tried this myself but I almost sure that it works. There are programs similar to "PC anywhere" where they allows you to login into your family PC and use their applications. Once you are controlling their PC , just login into Neteller and the IP address will be the one of that PC in Ireland. There are several programs similar to PC anywhere and there is a free one that even allows you to login to another PC through an internet web browser (don't rememebr the name now).

JAque

Folding Pete
09-09-2005, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the blinding ideas. I should have asked you guys months ago! I don't really have anybody who I can take over their pc from here so I think I'll try the international call to an Irish ISP first and see how that goes.

Always be folding

Twitch1977
09-09-2005, 10:48 AM
Easiest way is to use SSH and create a tunnel to route your internet traffic from your ireland isp through you home network.

Very safe and secure, google for more info.

T

JAque
09-09-2005, 12:25 PM
Just to be sure you understand, you are only using their PC for those 10min while you are using Neteller. Otherwise, they control when they give you access.
good luck

Jaque