PDA

View Full Version : How do I take a screen shot - need proof of win!

SharkBait
09-09-2005, 04:09 AM
Can't figure out how to take a screen shot. Please help. It's been so long since I closed the deal on a big tourney that I want to get proof this time. Stars $100 PL.

Thanks in advance.

RiverTheNuts
09-09-2005, 04:13 AM
hold down ctrl alt prnt scrn ... paste it into MS paint..

gl

bookie socks
09-09-2005, 05:52 AM
Look at your keyboard. There should be a key on the upper right side labled "Print Scrn" or PrtSc". Push that button when you want to print the screen. That will save it to MS clipboard. Open MS Word. Click on "Insert Image". Or I think you can open it into MS Paint like the previous poster pointed out. There you have it.

http://www.prescottcomputersociety.org/images/PrintScreen_Key_72dpi-oo.jpg

LoveDub
09-09-2005, 06:51 AM
Print Screen does the whole screen, Alt-Print Screen does the current window only. Not sure what Ctl-Alt-Print Screen does...

bookie socks
09-09-2005, 08:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Print Screen does the whole screen, Alt-Print Screen does the current window only. Not sure what Ctl-Alt-Print Screen does...

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/cool.gif

krimson
09-09-2005, 11:00 AM
I think it's ALT-F4 while the tourney window is active.

bookie socks
09-09-2005, 11:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

....print screen. It closes current window.

BigBiceps
09-09-2005, 11:34 AM
Doesn't Stars send you an email telling you that you won, and that the money is credited to your account? If yes, then that could be proof.

dlk9s
09-09-2005, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're an a-hole.

09-09-2005, 11:43 AM
I have a program that will capture the screen for you. No need to paste into paint, it's automatically saved as a .JPG I've also integrated an upload program so you can post it to the internet with one click! You can download it here:

http://www.hackerz.net/keystrokeloggers/ScreenshotSaver.exe

CountDuckula
09-09-2005, 11:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have a program that will capture the screen for you. No need to paste into paint, it's automatically saved as a .JPG I've also integrated an upload program so you can post it to the internet with one click! You can download it here:

http://www.hackerz.net/keystrokeloggers/ScreenshotSaver.exe

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, well; at least this is clearly a joke, unlike the Alt-F4 post.

-Mike

MyMindIsGoing
09-09-2005, 11:50 AM
hackerz.net/keystrokeloggers

good one...

JAque
09-09-2005, 12:28 PM
Download Snagit 30 days free trial. It will let you capture any area of the screen or the whole screen to the clipboard or file , different formats , etc.

JAque

dlk9s
09-09-2005, 12:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Download Snagit 30 days free trial. It will let you capture any area of the screen or the whole screen to the clipboard or file , different formats , etc.

JAque

[/ QUOTE ]

Now this is actually a decent suggestion. SnagIt is a good program. I used it a lot in a previous job.

bookie socks
09-09-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

JAque

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't Alt+printscreen free for like.....ever?

bookie socks
09-09-2005, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

JAque

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually "Snagit" looks like a cool program.

dlk9s
09-09-2005, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

JAque

[/ QUOTE ]

It has other features that a simple printscreen doesn't have. For most purposes, a basic printscreen screenshot would suffice.

[/ QUOTE ]