PDA

View Full Version : Would you call? 5/10 Poll

Packerfan1
04-27-2003, 10:48 AM
Second orbit of a Party 5/10 game. No real notes on opponents.

1 Middle position loose limper to you in the cutoff with Q /forums/images/icons/club.gif J /forums/images/icons/club.gif . You raise, the blinds and MP call.

Flop A /forums/images/icons/club.gif Q /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

Checked to you, you bet, BB drops, MP calls.

Turn 9 /forums/images/icons/club.gif MP checks, you bet, MP calls.

River 6 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif (Board AQ796)

NOW MP bets into you. Pot is $74.

Results and my thoughts separately.

Thanks

Pack

Packerfan1
04-27-2003, 10:53 AM
Sure smells like he hit his kicker for his Ace doesn't it? Or maybe some freaky 2 pair?

I used all the time Party gave me on this one, which is unusual for me, thus the post. After all that time I really could not come up with a hand I could beat.

Luckily I was stuck and steaming a little bit so I called with 2 seconds left... and was shown KJo for a missed draw.

Im still not convinced this was a correct call and I think I lose here more than 1 in 7 times. I'll be interested in seeing the results and any comments. Thanks.

Pack

Bob T.
04-27-2003, 11:43 AM
Hmmm, I hope you had some notes on some players after this hand. I think that if he had checkraise bluffed his two pair, you wouldn't have been able to call, but this was just strange enough that you couldn't figure it out. Nice hand.

Louie Landale
04-28-2003, 07:13 PM
One whole orbit is enough to start profiling the players as to loose-or-selective. One player played no hands, one player played one, one player played 5 hands. One player bet on 3 different hands. Those may very well be withing statistical normalities; never-the-less they PROBABLY indicate the type of player suggested.

As for this one, if you saw this player make any screwy bets up to now its a no-brainer call.

- Louie

Yeah, the Jets will be back too.

AceHigh
04-28-2003, 07:44 PM
"I used all the time Party gave me on this one"

If you think the decision is close you should probably call on the river. It can't be that big of a mistake to call, while it could be a huge mistake to fold.

Also it makes it less likely people will put moves on you in the future on the river, and you gain some information about how your opponent plays.