PDA

View Full Version : Batman vs. Spiderman

09-09-2005, 02:16 AM
They both fight each other in Manhattan during spring, and anyone who tries to leave forfeits and is declared the loser.

They both can use all of their tools and powers.

No one is allowed to use his real identity. In other words, Spiderman can't be Peter Parker then ask Batman for an autograph and then kill him. Likewise, Batman can't be Bruce Wayne and use his money to hire Dr. Octopus, the Green Goblin, etc. to gang up on Spidey.

No allies allowed. Batman can't bring the entire Justice League and Spiderman can't bring along the Hulk, the X-Men, etc.

The time frame is one week, 24/7.

Who wins?

DasLeben
09-09-2005, 02:19 AM
This thread needs a poll.

But since there isn't one, it's Spiderman by a mile.

bdk3clash
09-09-2005, 02:24 AM
Batman drew up some pretty elaborate and effective plans to destroy the entire Justice League one by one if any of them went rogue (including Superman), so I think it's safe to assume he has a pretty good plan on how to get rid of Spidey. I'd pick Batman.

smokingrobot
09-09-2005, 02:25 AM
he is a crafty mother [censored] ah, that batman.

A_C_Slater
09-09-2005, 02:26 AM
Batman is only a man. He is the ultimate man in terms of conditioning and athletic prowess, but he is still a man.

Spider man can throw cars. He is more than a man. He has more agiltiy and greater speed than Batman and without argument more strength.

This one isn't even close. A better question would be something like Wolverine vs. Spiderman or Batman vs. Captain America.

bdk3clash
09-09-2005, 02:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Batman is only a man. He is the ultimate man in terms of conditioning and athletic prowess, but he is still a man.

Spider man can throw cars. He is more than a man. He has more agiltiy and greater speed than Batman and without argument more strength.

This one isn't even close. A better question would be something like Wolverine vs. Spiderman or Batman vs. Captain America.

[/ QUOTE ]
Jesus--do you really think Batman is going to roll into this confrontation unprepared and just kind of wing it?

I can't believe how worked up your response just made me.

09-09-2005, 02:31 AM
Batman wins. People always forget he has Wayne Enterprises R&D that he can through at any problem he can't handle on his own.

Keep in mind that Batman beat Superman down in The Dark Knight Returns and he was an old man at that time. Spidey? No problem.

whiskeytown
09-09-2005, 02:32 AM
actually, since Captain America can pretty much kick spidey's ass,

and since Captain America and Batman are at a standstill (as evidenced by the JLA/Avengers crossover a couple yrs ago) -

I'm saying Batman - he'd come up with something to incapicate spidey and take him out -

RB

whiskeytown
09-09-2005, 02:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Keep in mind that Batman beat Superman down in The Dark Knight Returns and he was an old man at that time. Spidey? No problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

well yah, but he also dropped a dozen heat seekers, a battleship sinking charge, napalm, all the juice of gotham city, and a synthetic Kryponite compound to do it...

(god, I'm such a loser/geek)

RB

Macdaddy Warsaw
09-09-2005, 02:35 AM
Hahaha, but seriously...

A crazy, old, senile Batman destroys Superman...Spider-man is no problem.

Clarkmeister
09-09-2005, 02:42 AM
Spidey.

bdk3clash
09-09-2005, 02:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Spidey.

[/ QUOTE ]
Show your work! This is the OOT equivalent of "Fold preflop."

A_C_Slater
09-09-2005, 02:55 AM
There is also a comic I have where Batman attempts to attack or even kill the Joker as revenge for Joker killing the second Robin, but Superman stops him because he has "diplomatic immunity" they are in Iraq and the Joker becomes the Ambassador of Iraq for some long drawn out reason that I won't get into here.

Anway, Batman gets pissed at Superman for trying to curtail his revenge and throws a punch at him and it bounces off Superman's head. And Batman is holding his hand in agony like he just hit a steel door and Superman says "What's gotten into you Bruce? Had I not rolled with that punch you would have broken your hand."

Spider-man so easily dominates, even if Batman knows he's gonna have to fight and has time to prepare. What kind of dangerous trap can he prepare? Spider-man's spidey sense will easily warn him of any impending danger or any overly gay and elaborate "bat traps."

Game. Set. Match.

technologic
09-09-2005, 02:57 AM
spiderman obviously

if you look on the back of a handy dandy marvel card, you'll see that spidey's intelligence is a 4, which means he's gifted enough to see through batman's gadgets and gizmos and develop a counter strategy of his own. spidey always thinks of solutions in the clutch. he defeated probably like 100 different villains, and he can't handle batman? please.

you'll also see that spidey pounds him in every other statistical category, in strength, speed, agility, durability etc.

A_C_Slater
09-09-2005, 03:02 AM
Could Batman defeat Doctor Octupus, Green Goblin, Venom?

Would Spider-man have trouble with the Joker? Mr. Freeze? Please.

Phoenix1010
09-09-2005, 04:34 AM
Straight one on one fight with no preparation, Spidey wins quickly. If they both know the fight is coming, Batman finds a way to win, no doubt. I was a comic book geek before I discovered video games /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

bernie
09-09-2005, 04:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Spidey.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.

Spidey can take punishment. If anyone remembers how much he took fighting the Juggernaut. Spidey kicks ass.

However, one of the most satisfying fights was Batman kicking the hell out of Superman. With the help of the green Arrow firing an exploding Kryptonite arrow at superman to weaken him. But damn it was fun to see.

ok, i've geeked out enough.

b

diebitter
09-09-2005, 05:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, this old crock about the batmeister not having super powers. IMHO, he has some exceptional qualities which, while not 'super', make him an truly formidable opponent. His brain, and above all his willpower. He is the ultimate embodiment of what a person with a truly strong will can do.

Spidey would be no problem for him.

Macdaddy Warsaw
09-09-2005, 05:36 AM
I like this indomitable will thing. Also, if you send the new Spidey after him (the teenage Spidey), he definitey doesn't have a chance.

diebitter
09-09-2005, 05:46 AM
Oh, and for what it's worth, I think the Joker could [censored] all over spidey too.

DasLeben
09-09-2005, 06:24 AM
See, but Spidey has his webs. He can string Batman up and drop him from a 100 story building. Granted Batman does have a grappling hook, but Spidey can tie him up before dropping him.

gabbahh
09-09-2005, 08:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Batman wins.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hamish McBagpipe
09-09-2005, 09:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I was going to mention this one (the best ever, by far, of course), but in this new scenario is Batman allowed to hook himself into the power grid like in the Dark Knight Returns? As I remember, Batman had cables attached to him which were part of the city's power grid or a nuclear plant or something. Anyway, he did, in the end, actually lose that fight to Superman.

diebitter
09-09-2005, 09:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, he did, in the end, actually lose that fight to Superman.

[/ QUOTE ]

He duped u as well as Supey, huh?

He soooooooo cool!

jakethebake
09-09-2005, 09:02 AM
How the hell can Batman win anything? Does he have any actual superpowers?

fnord_too
09-09-2005, 09:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Could Batman defeat Doctor Octupus, Green Goblin, Venom?

Would Spider-man have trouble with the Joker? Mr. Freeze? Please.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying your suppositions are even correct, but

Rock beats scisors, scisors beat paper, ergo rock beats paper!

(If you don't like that because the rules are arbitrary, do it with football teams).

09-09-2005, 09:07 AM
He is a perfect human specimen in pretty much everyway except maybe psycologically. Plus he has other resources at his disposal, his wealth and Wayne Industries.

jakethebake
09-09-2005, 09:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He is a perfect human specimen in pretty much everyway except maybe psycologically. Plus he has other resources at his disposal, his wealth and Wayne Industries.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect human specimen with NO superpowers!!!

09-09-2005, 09:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, he[batman] did, in the end, actually lose that fight to Superman.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree with that statement:

Batman to Superman:
We could have changed the world...
now...
look at us...
I've become...
a political liability...
and you...
you're a joke...
I want you...
to remember Clark...
in all the years to come...
in your most private moments...
I want you to remember...
my hand...
at your throat...
I want...
you to remember...
the one man who beat you... <font color="yellow"> </font>

Hamish McBagpipe
09-09-2005, 09:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, he[batman] did, in the end, actually lose that fight to Superman.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with that statement:

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have it in front of me but as I remember doesn't Batman fake his own death at the end of that fight to avoid the thrashing he was about to take from Superman. Cowardly poltroon.

I just found this pic. lol. Heh, I remember when that comic made the rounds at my dorm in University. HUGE hit.

http://www.darkknight.ca/images/comics/tdkr2.gif

diebitter
09-09-2005, 09:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...but as I remember doesn't Batman fake his own death at the end of that fight to avoid the thrashing he was about to take from Superman. Cowardly poltroon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy, soooo wrong.

He did it cos he knew it was a fight to the death. He didn't want to kill Superman, but it was coming to that. That was the only way out he could continue his own crusade, and let Superman live.

09-09-2005, 09:36 AM
Heh. We've managed to seriously spoil one of the greatest comics ever for anyone that hasn't read it. Oops.

jokerthief
09-09-2005, 10:49 AM
This gets my vote for "Dorkiest Thread of the Week".