PDA

View Full Version : Trasfering Firefox bookmarks & saved passwords

tonypaladino
09-09-2005, 12:57 AM
is it possilbe to transfer bookmarks and passwords to a new machine?

thanks

CrazyN8
09-09-2005, 01:00 AM
not sure about passwords but every so often I e-mail my bookmarks to myself so that I have them saved somewhere other than my HDD.

In firefox click bookmarks>> manage bookmarks>> file>> export bookmarks

I usually dump them to the desktop. then just do the same but "import" on the new machine.

CORed
09-09-2005, 11:37 AM
In your profile directory (C:\documents and settings\your_user_name for 2000 and XP, c:\windows\profiles\your_user_name for other Windows versions) look for a folder called "Application Data" under that your should find a "mozilla" folder and under that a "firefox" folder. If you copy the contents "firefox" folder to the other PC, all of your settings, passwords, bookmarks, cache, cookies, etc. will be transferred. Your passwords are in a file called signons.txt. Your bookmarks are in bookmarks.html, both in a subfolder of the "firefox" folder. It's called "tzepzdvl.default" on my machine, but I'm not sure if this name is always the same.

rlr
09-09-2005, 06:18 PM
I have used mozbackup (http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/) with good results. You can pretty much move over everything for TBird and Firefox.