PDA

View Full Version : how bad

ejay
09-09-2005, 12:40 AM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB :#A500AF(villan)/ raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10.33 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">villan bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (7.66 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">villan bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, Button folds, villan calls.

River: (11.66 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">villan bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">villan 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17.66 BB

Nick C
09-09-2005, 12:55 AM
You should raise the flop, in this large pot. BB could be auto-betting, and, if so, you quite likely have him reverse-dominated and want to thin the field, if possible.

The turn is good.

I don't know what BB caught on the river. I guess he has K /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif or something? (This would help explain the turn donk-bet.) 22? A bizarrely played A /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif?

Against an unknown, I think I'd just call the 3-bet, like you did. I'm tempted to cap, since you can't get 5-bet, but I suspect that, somehow, your hand is good less than half the time at this point.

brazilio
09-09-2005, 12:58 AM
I don't raise that river against a statsless opponent, and not posting reads is pretty lame.

ejay
09-09-2005, 01:01 AM
sorry, it was the first orbit and i had not played against this opponent before.

and just to answer your question nick, he ended up showing down a J9 of spades

ArturiusX
09-09-2005, 01:31 AM
I just call that bet on the river.

I often raise the flop.

09-09-2005, 05:23 AM
I think raising the flop is a must. At this point any card T,J,Q or K can kill you, and you need to fold people with overcards that actually are justified calling one bet at this time.

This way, you should also get a better control of the hand. You will probably loose a turn bet, since it might be checked to you after you raise the flop, but if so you avoid going to 3 bets on the river when he hits the flush, because you have control on the turn, and therefore will have an easier time just calling a bet or checkraise on the river when he starts getting aggro again after rivering you.