PDA

View Full Version : 10-20 stars hand

Dave Mac
09-09-2005, 12:20 AM
I am the button with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
8 handed, folded to the co who opens for 70, i make it 240, folded back to him and he calls. I have 2k he has 10k

flop is J /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
he bets 400, I call.

turn is the Kd
he checks, i check

river is the 4d
he checks i... all other comments appericated too.
dave

Bartholow
09-09-2005, 12:36 AM
Ok I suck at this game but why not bet the turn? Slowplaying out of position just seems so unlikely in that scenario to me, and if he does raise you it seems like you can probably fold and not feel TOO bad about it.

Similarly I'd think you are most likely ahead on the river, but I'd now be wary of betting because I don't want to give him a chance to bluff me out. Then again you are short enough that he can't raise THAT much if you bet any decent proportion of the pot, and it just doesn't make sense to me that he would have you beat and check AGAIN, so maybe bet 1/2 pot or so.

I'll be interested to hear what players who are good at PLO have to say /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

09-09-2005, 02:26 AM
Pretending that this is 10/20 cents, not dollars, and thus my opinion has some merit, my dominant thought is what is the probability that he will call me with a weaker hand and is this guy cagey enough to play THAT slow with a big hand. I see three reasonable scenarios:

1) he tried to buy the pot and has given up
2) he had a big wrap/flush draw
3) he has quad Ks (maybe, under boat but i doubt it)

If it's (1) or (2) he probably won't call and if it's (3) you're dead. Your only real hope for more money is that he caught a backdoor Q/J flush. I don't think this is significantly more likely than a slow played boat/quads or a re-raise bluff. I check.

Of course, I realize that river play on the 10/20 dollar tables is completely different from what I'm used to.

bugstud
09-09-2005, 06:33 AM
I dunno kinda looks like a missed draw and kinda looks like quads/KJ/jacks full that is inducing a bluff. I kinda feel like checking or betting small here.

beset7
09-09-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I dunno kinda looks like a missed draw and kinda looks like quads/KJ/jacks full that is inducing a bluff. I kinda feel like checking or betting small here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You calling a raise?

Acesover8s
09-09-2005, 01:36 PM
What other hands are you reraising with? If the answer is none, I would be very wary about putting 10% of my stack in preflop and giving away my hand.

The river is tough as a bad player may pay off with just a king or a small flush, but a good player may move you off your hand with air.

TheRempel
09-09-2005, 01:41 PM
How do people play something like two pair against a PFR at 10/20?

I'm inclined to think he flopped a good draw and missed but I've really only studied a few hundred hands at that level.

Big Dave D
09-09-2005, 03:17 PM
"I would be very wary about putting 10% of my stack in preflop and giving away my hand."

And even worse, calling on the flop when I have cleared missed the hand that I have represented, and indeed have.

gl

Dave

Acesover8s
09-09-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

"I would be very wary about putting 10% of my stack in preflop and giving away my hand."

And even worse, calling on the flop when I have cleared missed the hand that I have represented, and indeed have.

gl

Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, there's that too. Although it almost has the effect of telling the bettor that you've refused to fold AA regardless of what hits and you may get to a showdown for free if he misses. . .

Obviously, not the way I choose to play it, but. . .

Big Dave D
09-09-2005, 05:46 PM
What a beautifully subtle "but" /images/graemlins/smile.gif

gl

dd

bugstud
09-09-2005, 07:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You calling a raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, which is why I prefer to check.