PDA

View Full Version : Reckless or Ruthless?

Burno
09-08-2005, 11:58 PM
Seat 5 1140 (SB)
Seat 6 1385 (Hero) (BB)
Seat 7 1185
Seat 9 1965
Seat 10 2325

150/300 $22 Party

Hero is BB. Dealt 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG limps, 2 folds, SB completes, Hero checks. Pot is 900.

Flop 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Check, check, check.

Turn is 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Check, check, 300. SB pauses for a solid ten seconds and finally calls.

Hero pushes.

Anybody shove the flop or the first time around on the turn?

Shilly
09-09-2005, 12:05 AM
Ick, I fold. SB almost surely has you beat, and isn't going away now.

Burno
09-09-2005, 12:20 AM
Sorry this should've been in the original post. I've got the darndest feeling SB is absolutely full of crap and is just planning to push the river to steal the pot. I know that sounds like a helluva read for the internet but whatever.

He took ten full seconds. It wasn't the I've got an 8 let me do some acting bit. It was the wheels turning I'm up to something thing. What's the difference? I dunno, but I was nearly certain he was full of it.

And we all know UTG almost certainly has nothing.

So I figured I was probably even pushing the best hand.

Shilly
09-09-2005, 12:24 AM
That's a pretty interesting read. Obviously you were at the table and I wasn't, but I'd think if he wanted UTG out he would have just check-raised all-in on the turn. Also, all of the hands that you beat right now have outs against you. I still don't like this play.

EDIT: Plus, I don't think SB has enough room to maneuver here with his stack. I'd almost certainly put him on a 7.

cha59
09-09-2005, 12:45 AM
Depending on your read of villians, I would rather push the flop than the turn. I think you are much more likely to get called by a hand you are way behind after the turn. They are both more pot committed after putting in the extra 300.

Pushing the turn is ballsy and would put you in very good shape IF it works. I just think the odds of getting called and losing are too great on the turn.

Burno
09-09-2005, 01:43 PM
In the actual hand, I folded the turn. But I strongly felt a push would've worked, I just couldn't pull the trigger.

As expected, SB pushed a river 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif . I folded, but UTG called, showing down AJs to take the pot over SB's KJo. Tough call.

downtown
09-09-2005, 01:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He took ten full seconds. It wasn't the I've got an 8 let me do some acting bit. It was the wheels turning I'm up to something thing. What's the difference? I dunno, but I was nearly certain he was full of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beware of making these types of reads on the Internet. Maybe he was just 12-tabling. Or maybe he was distracted.