PDA

View Full Version : laptop help / hot girl added

bosoxfan
09-08-2005, 11:28 PM
I know this belongs in computer help but I don't think anyone goes in there. I have a new Dell 9300. When I open tables there is a black bar around the table.

I searched and found it was a DPI problem whatever that is. I read the solution is to right click the taskbar and go into the settings tab but when I right click the taskbar the only tabs are taskbar and start menu.

How do I get into settings? thanks

Jack of Arcades
09-08-2005, 11:32 PM
right click your desktop, settings

edit, properties

bosoxfan
09-08-2005, 11:37 PM
There isn't on option for setting.

Sorry I almost forgot to include a picture for my selfish post.

http://garyssiteontario.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/11.jpg

mason55
09-08-2005, 11:40 PM
Right click desktop. Choose properites. Choose Settings. Choose advanced.

Jack of Arcades
09-08-2005, 11:41 PM
Right click on your desktop, properties, settings tab, advanced button.

bosoxfan
09-08-2005, 11:44 PM
When I do this the only tabs are taskbar and start menu. No settings. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Yeti
09-08-2005, 11:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When I do this the only tabs are taskbar and start menu. No settings. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you taking the piss?

Right click on your desktop/wallpaper/background/picture of your mom.

bosoxfan
09-08-2005, 11:48 PM
Wow I'm an idiot. Sorry.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-08-2005, 11:48 PM
I have the I9300 and just did this and the very first thing that comes up when you do this is the DPI setting (General tab).

Right click on Desktop > Properties > Settings > Advanced

Yeti
09-08-2005, 11:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow I'm an idiot. Sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem. It's those in denial who are the worst.

sublime
09-08-2005, 11:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow I'm an idiot. Sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem. It's those in denial who are the worst.

[/ QUOTE ]

No there not

dcasper70
09-09-2005, 06:48 AM
so where's the hot girl? You know false advertising is bad form.. /images/graemlins/confused.gif.

bosoxfan
09-09-2005, 08:17 AM
She was there last night. Someone must have stolen her.

FouTight
09-09-2005, 08:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I know this belongs in computer help but I don't think anyone goes in there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I rarely see a problem go unanswered there, why would you not at least try it rather then assume you should just post in the wrong forum...

also, nice picture...

bosoxfan
09-09-2005, 08:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I rarely see a problem go unanswered there, why would you not at least try it rather then assume you should just post in the wrong forum...

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually posted it in a thread about the same problem but after 20 minutes it only had 1 additional view. I posted it here and got responses right away.

FouTight
09-09-2005, 08:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually posted it in a thread about the same problem but after 20 minutes it only had 1 additional view. I posted it here and got responses right away.

[/ QUOTE ]

You play too many hands, dont you?

ohh wait, you mean This Thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3350841&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1) , where the question was clearly already answered for you?

2+2 wannabe
09-09-2005, 08:40 AM
worst. lack. of. picture. ever.

bosoxfan
09-09-2005, 08:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see it in the 3rd post.

jakethebake
09-09-2005, 08:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see it in the 3rd post.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because you have it cached. No one else can see it.

bosoxfan
09-09-2005, 08:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ohh wait, you mean This Thread , where the question was clearly already answered for you?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes that thread and the response to me was made over an hour after the light broke through my dim mind from the responses here.

Can you really not see the picture? I'll try reposting it.

http://garyssiteontario.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/11.jpg

jakethebake
09-09-2005, 08:57 AM
We cannot see it.

bosoxfan
09-09-2005, 09:00 AM
help me

FouTight
09-09-2005, 09:02 AM
try not using tripod?

Freakin
09-09-2005, 09:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
help me

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see now why you were unable to use to search feature, and I'll let the fact that I answered this question IN THE SAME [censored] DAY as you asked in the wrong forum.

Freakin

bosoxfan
09-09-2005, 09:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I can see now why you were unable to use to search feature, and I'll let the fact that I answered this question IN THE SAME [censored] DAY as you asked in the wrong forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I know this I posted in that tread. The problem was I was clicking on the taskbar not the desktop. I still can't figure out how to post the picture. Please let this thread die it is very embarrassing. But that laptop is great.

Freakin
09-09-2005, 09:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I know this I posted in that tread. The problem was I was clicking on the taskbar not the desktop. I still can't figure out how to post the picture. Please let this thread die it is very embarrassing. But that laptop is great.

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats on the laptop. The reason you post the pic is because you either a) can't hotlink from tripod b) have run out of bandwidth at tripod.

1) Save the picture to your computuer
2) go to http://www.imageshack.us
3) Browse to where you stored the picture and 'host it'
4) Use the link they provide you with to post the picture here

The problem is all in your host, not in your posting of the picture. YOu can see it because it is cached locally on your computer.

Freakin

spamuell
09-09-2005, 09:59 AM
Everyone who can't see the pic realises that (in firefox) you can right-click it, click "View Image" and then click refresh and see the pic, right?

She's not that hot anyway.

jakethebake
09-09-2005, 10:03 AM
I see it now. I actually already have like all 400 of those on my hard drive.

Chobohoya
09-09-2005, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone who can't see the pic realises that (in firefox) you can right-click it, click "View Image" and then click refresh and see the pic, right?

She's not that hot anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not know that.