PDA

View Full Version : Bubble of $7 friday sub-qualifier

palomides
09-08-2005, 10:56 PM
Friday night $6+1 sub-qualifier, 1st and 2nd win entry into the $24+2 qualifier, 3rd gets $8. SB has been fairly tight throughout. Big stack has been pretty loose. Is this a call, or do I need ak or high pair to call, with the big stack behind me?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t820)
Hero (t870)
Button (t6310)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
Button calls t100, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t820 (All-In)</font>, Hero ??

applejuicekid
09-08-2005, 11:40 PM
Is the button going to call? I would call here if I think...actually I always call here.

jt1
09-09-2005, 01:13 AM
Palomides,

You say SB has been tight. What range do you put him on here and why? How likely is it that villian doesn't have a pair or AK. If it's very likely then this is an easy call. If's it's not likely at all then you have a more difficult decision. But lets say that villian will have a pp 75%, AK 5% of the time, and other cards 20% of the time. From there what you do if figure out how often you'll win in each scenario multiply that figure by how often villian will have that holding and add them all up.

for example, villian will have a pp that isn't AA, KK, QQ 75% of the time. You will win that race approximately 43% of the time. .43 * .75 and u do that for all of them

u then have to consider what your stack will look like should u call and loose, call and win, fold. If you fold, how will that effect your chances of getting ITM? Compare that to calling. If your chances of getting ITM is greater by calling than by folding than u have your answer

u should also consider the big stack. will he call? r u in second now or third? which will indicate whether or not u want him to call should u call.

i'm sorry i didn't organize this better for you. but learn to consider all these things. But first learn how to put people on ranges and how to consider your chances of winning against each range and adding all those figures up. After you are proficient at that then go back and consider the other things I mentioned.