PDA

View Full Version : AA - Call or fold

Throxx
09-08-2005, 10:54 PM
No reads, nothing unusual so far.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

SB ($39.45)
BB ($48.55)
UTG ($60.20)
UTG+1 ($71.92)
UTG+2 ($31.25)
MP1 ($25.04)
MP2 ($60.25)
Hero ($47.20)
CO ($49.45)
Button ($27.40)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises to $3</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $10</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls $7.

Flop: ($20.75) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 bets $21.25 (All-In), Hero?

Preflop:
Villan puts me on AA-QQ, AKs?
I put him on AA or KK?

On the flop:
Would villan push with a KK leading into me, the preflop reraiser looking for action?
Then again, why would he push with KK, instead of check raising for the rest of my chips?

I'm getting 2:1 to call.
Call or fold vs. an unknown player?

Allinlife
09-08-2005, 11:07 PM
this is an obvious fold, open push always means 42, k2, k4. sometimes 44, 22, kk push at fear of giving anyone free card.

j0wlev
09-08-2005, 11:12 PM
A push on this flop can mean anything from middle pair, flush draw, to a set. You hafta call. How can villian have K2, K4, etc. The only hand I see that villian could hold that beats you is 44, and thats farfetched.

22 would limp, KK woulda 3 bet you pre-flop. Call and villian is gonna show you a KJ or KQ or a flush draw. Take that stake. :&gt;

Morrek
09-08-2005, 11:15 PM
hm, fold to a pot sized bet which happens to also be allin?
I would probably call here. Although I'm working on this "folding AA/KK" thingy, I'm not sure if this is the right spot to do that

09-08-2005, 11:20 PM
Yeah, if he had KK he probably would have made this move before the flop. If he has KK here, the only hand he could put you on that yuo might call with here is AA. Unless you have AK and the last remaining King in the deck, or you reraised preflop with 44, he can't think that this flop is of much help to you. My guess is that he's probably hoping that you also missed the flop, and he may have some type of flush draw if you call.

trumpman84
09-09-2005, 01:21 AM
Sorry to anyone who responded fold, but this is the easiest call ever. Villain has given you no reason to believe you are behind. He could be pushing with draws or as little as top pair. Combined with the fact that he barely has enough to make a pot sized bet, combines for an easy call. Folding here is very very weak imo.

EDIT: Also, given no reads, I'm going to assume the average internet player and say your range of hands you put him on is way way way too narrow.

pzhon
09-09-2005, 01:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry to anyone who responded fold, but this is the easiest call ever.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I think Allinlife was joking.

You'll see AK here more frequently than you'll be behind.

Slappz
09-09-2005, 01:52 AM
This is beyond an easy call, if you fold your making a mistake.

wall_st
09-09-2005, 05:51 AM
Press the insta call button!

Throxx
09-09-2005, 06:10 AM
"Also, given no reads, I'm going to assume the average internet player and say your range of hands you put him on is way way way too narrow."

A hand range of at least AA-QQ and AK is probably a more reasonable range given preflop action of simply calling the reraise. Perhaps even a wider range of pairs still?

So after the flop Villan could have:

AA 1 combo (even)
AK 6 conbos (ahead)
KK 3 combos (behind)
QQ 6 combos (pushed flop?)

Simply adding AK to the hand range, and seeing that it is consistent with the betting action, makes the decision self evident, now. Thanks.

Guess I need to loosen up my ideas about preflop calling of reraises to keep up with the other Party Poker players :-)

lynars
09-09-2005, 08:42 AM
i would not even fold AK in this spot against a random $100 NL player on party. Since he have so small stack left hes gonna do this play with almost every hand he called you with preflop. Im kinda sure he would have pushed you all-in with KK preflop (if hes a random $100 NL party player that is). So the only thing i would be worried about is he holding a small set, which you have to pay of in this case. My guess is that he had AK or even as weak as KQs.

Throxx
09-09-2005, 03:33 PM
"i would not even fold AK in this spot against a random $100 NL player on party."

Would you have reraised preflop holding AK offsuit in my position? It seems I have a defect in my thinking there since I don't usually and others seem to.

yvesaint
09-09-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You'll see AK here more frequently than you'll be behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Throxx
09-09-2005, 04:01 PM
Ah yes.

Need better hand to call than to bet; Call preflop reraise with AK; therefore bet reraise preflop with AK!

Excuse my dunceness. The wheels turn slowly sometimes.
Thanks.

rikz
09-09-2005, 04:11 PM
Call. I would expect to be behind, but with his short stack relative to the size of the pot, you're probably ahead way more than the 33% of the time (or so) that you need to be +EV to call getting approximately 2:1 pot odds.

Bukem_
09-09-2005, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"Also, given no reads, I'm going to assume the average internet player and say your range of hands you put him on is way way way too narrow."

A hand range of at least AA-QQ and AK is probably a more reasonable range given preflop action of simply calling the reraise. Perhaps even a wider range of pairs still?

So after the flop Villan could have:

AA 1 combo (even)
AK 6 conbos (ahead)
KK 3 combos (behind)
QQ 6 combos (pushed flop?)

Simply adding AK to the hand range, and seeing that it is consistent with the betting action, makes the decision self evident, now. Thanks.

Guess I need to loosen up my ideas about preflop calling of reraises to keep up with the other Party Poker players :-)

[/ QUOTE ]

You are giving short stacked donkeys way way way way way too much credit by giving them a range with this quality.

Almost every time he is pushing because his hand quality is so low, and its the only way he can win. Insta call this.