PDA

View Full Version : $22's Bubble, raise w/ 53s?

Dr_Jeckyl_00
09-08-2005, 10:36 PM
What do you think of this raise in bubble? It is the 1st time I saw and made a move like this? I am so proud /images/graemlins/grin.gif (does everyone see why... before reading results). However, I am sure many of the respected posters make moves like this all the time, but I am learning!

Seat 8 is the button
Total number of players : 4
Seat 4: richyriver ( $1870 )
Seat 5: navyeng39 ( $1650 )
Seat 2: Dr_Jeckyl_00 ( $4370 )
Seat 8: driz77 ( $110 )
Trny:15568414 Level:9
Blinds(250/500)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Dr_Jeckyl_00 [ 5c 3c ]
navyeng39 folds.
driz77 is all-In [110]
Dr_Jeckyl_00 raises [750].
richyriver folds.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 9c, Ts, 8h ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 2s ]
** Dealing River ** [ 7c ]

Results in White <font color="white">
Dr_Jeckyl_00 shows [ 5c, 3c ] high card ten.
driz77 shows [ 8s, Ad ] a pair of eights.
Dr_Jeckyl_00 wins 1280 chips from side pot #1 with high card ten.
driz77 wins 330 chips from the main pot with a pair of eights.
</font>

lastchance
09-08-2005, 10:38 PM
I don't like the minraise. I push/fold, and in this spot, I fold, because Villain should try to gang up on Button.

downtown
09-08-2005, 10:41 PM
It's the right idea for sure, but you must push / raise enough to cover the other opponents.

Dr_Jeckyl_00
09-08-2005, 11:07 PM
I am surprised by both of your responses. I understand about pushing in the bubble (although I don't think that it is correct to push 53s here, b/c ss is in no matter what and I don't want anyone else in the pot, but if someone has a monster I want to be able to get away from hand). But the reason I posted this hand is b/c I I saw the excess chips from the blinds, which were more than what the short stack had... and I wanted them! I was pretty sure everyone would fold no matter what, and I did not care if ss won, b/c either way I had more chips after the hand, than before the hand started!!!

TT_fold
09-08-2005, 11:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am surprised by both of your responses. I understand about pushing in the bubble (although I don't think that it is correct to push 53s here, b/c ss is in no matter what and I don't want anyone else in the pot, but if someone has a monster I want to be able to get away from hand). But the reason I posted this hand is b/c I I saw the excess chips from the blinds, which were more than what the short stack had... and I wanted them! I was pretty sure everyone would fold no matter what, and I did not care if ss won, b/c either way I had more chips after the hand, than before the hand started!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

You MUST call if rrichy raises you all-in here, which is why an all-in is a better move. That also discourages him from doing something like calling preflop with overcards and then pushing/folding based on whether the board hits him.

You know better than to fold 53s getting 3.4:1 if rrichy goes all-in. Put him to the test!

jeffraider
09-09-2005, 01:54 AM
Yeah, you need to push to maximize your chances of folding the other players because there's no getting away from this hand if someone comes over the top. The guy would have to show you an overpair for you to fold, so why not put the pressure on yourself.

durron597
09-09-2005, 01:56 AM
Not raising here is throwing money away.

45suited
09-09-2005, 02:46 AM
I must be missing something because this seems like the most painfully obvious push ever even if they forgot to deal me a hand.