PDA

View Full Version : different strategy

09-08-2005, 07:45 PM
Okay, i'm a regular 55 player on party. I like to mix up sites so i don't get too bored with the same site over and over. So i'll step over to stars and play some 25 turbo's. I can't beat em. Now, am i looking at things wrong with turbos, or is the quality of play better on stars? Anything to do with more starting chips? I mean i'm playing the same game other than i adjust a bit to different players, but it seems like if i don't double up early, i'm a sitting duck. Great Googly Moogly

citanul
09-08-2005, 09:22 PM
The amazing carnac says that your results are related the the fact that too high a percentage of your posts end with "Great Googly Moogly." Fix this and results will come.

citanul

09-09-2005, 12:36 AM
great googly moogly is just a catch phrase...it's becoming pretty well known around here too.

cha59
09-09-2005, 12:55 AM
I find Party harder to beat than Stars. I think more people are probably like you though. I just play a lot more at Stars.

For me, the strategies are very different.

Al P
09-09-2005, 01:04 AM
Play tighter. And when you think you're playing tight enough, tighten up some more.

Also remember there's 13,500 chips on the table so when blinds are 100/200 for two levels in a row you normally wouldn't be pushing like mad as you would be on party because everyone has a higher number of BB and everyone is usually above 10.