PDA

View Full Version : annoying cell phone "feature"

jdl22
09-08-2005, 07:45 PM
Up until some time last year I had the shitty Nokia phone that you get for free from Verizon. A friend upgraded his phone and gave me his. It's an LG VX4400.

Something that I find greatly irritating about my phone that is not present on the super low end phones is that after I make a call and hang up it flashes for 4 or 5 seconds the duration of the call. While it is only a short period of time it is really irritating because I very frequently make a call immediately after having ended one.

I've looked in the manual and have no idea how to turn this off. Is this possible?

Also, I will soon be getting a new phone. Can anybody suggest a decent phone that doesn't do this? I'm thinking something around a hundred bucks after the reup discount.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-08-2005, 07:47 PM
Just hit 'End'. Get one of the new LGs. I don't know what they've got going on now, but just a little while ago, the wifey and I got two for $50 per and they're probably the best phones Verizon has before you get up to the real expensive ones.

mostsmooth
09-08-2005, 07:49 PM
i would imagine it wouldnt be too hard to find one that doesnt do this. ive never seen one that does.
and hitting the end button would be my suggestion as well.

jdl22
09-08-2005, 07:51 PM
holy [censored], I swear I've tried that and it didn't work.

jba
09-08-2005, 07:51 PM
might be some kind of feature put in for minutes sensitive users that can actually be turned off -- look around in settings for call times etc...

cdxx
09-08-2005, 08:12 PM
just so you know my VX6000 does that as well.