PDA

View Full Version : First hand, what's going on?

Bob T.
04-26-2003, 05:53 PM
I'm playing 3-6 at CP, and get called to a 6-12 game. I'm ahead $9 at the 3-6 game.

I post in the CO in the 6-12 game, give the chiprunner a rack of blue, and 2 $100 dollar bills, and 1 extra chip. 3 limpers, I look down, and I have A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif Q /forums/images/icons/spade.gif and raise. The BB, and the limpers call.

Flop. Q /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif J /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif . The BB bets out, he frequently overplays his hands, especially draws, 1 caller, I raise, he reraises, the MP calls, I four bet, and the BB makes it 5, we both call.

Turn, 6 /forums/images/icons/club.gif . Checked to me, I bet, and the BB checkraises, the beverage server tracks me down from the other table, gives me a beverage, reminds me what day her wedding is, and tells me to be sure to take that day off. I tip her $1 leaving me with 1 blue chip on my cards. MP folds, and I call.

River, Q /forums/images/icons/heart.gif . BB bets out, the chiprunner arrives with my rack and a half of yellow, and I settle up my previous bets. I suspect that the BB might have flopped two pair, and still be ahead of me with Queens full of Jacks, so I call. He shows J /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif , and my hand was good.

Should I have tipped the beverage server $2?

travisand
04-26-2003, 06:04 PM
Yes, tip her the extra dollar and consider it a wedding gift.

I also would have raised the river. There are a lot of hands the BB could have been raising with with other than QJ, all of which you can beat. And like you said, he overplays his hands, so all of that raising doesn't have to mean QJ. There are 2 hands that beat you, 66 and QJ, but a lot of other hands that you can beat. If I was reraised by the BB though, I would just call.

JTG51
04-27-2003, 12:30 AM
Wow, did Tommy Angelo write that post? Very entertaining and very much Tommy's style. Nicely done!

Is the waitress your future wife? If she is, you shouldn't have tipped her at all. She'll get all of your money soon enough. If not, you should have gone with $2.

Vehn
04-27-2003, 12:43 AM
Depends on who the beverage server was.

Bob T.
04-27-2003, 02:30 AM
She isn't my future wife, but she did set me up on a blind date with my wife.

Bob T.
04-27-2003, 02:32 AM
I agree, I should have raised the river.

Bob T.
04-27-2003, 03:40 AM
It was Julie.

Andy B
04-28-2003, 01:32 AM
Was this before or after you two were married? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Raise the damn river. Are you going to live your whole life in fear of the mortal nuts? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

You remind me of a hand where I got a free play Q2 in the big blind. The final board was Q6226. I bet the whole way, and on the end my lone opponent raised. I made the crying call only to be shown a flush. I hadn't even realized that a flush was possible.

Sure would be embarrassing to get set up on a blind date with your own wife. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

Bob T.
04-28-2003, 02:08 AM
Was this before or after you two were married?

Before we were married, but we had met before, so it was only a nearsighted date.

Raise the damn river. Are you going to live your whole life in fear of the mortal nuts?

I know, the whole story was about all the damn distractions. Given my opponent, I should probably have fourbet the river, if he reraised.