PDA

View Full Version : two 2-7 semi-common situations

Chris Daddy Cool
09-08-2005, 07:12 PM
Two questions regarding TD

You openraise and you're 3-bet by your opponent (either in position or out of position in the blinds) and you call.

He stands pat. How good should your draw be to continue?

You open raise and an opponent calls (in position or out of position in the blinds).

You draw x cards. He draws 3. The next betting round, he stands pat. Suppose he bet his hand himself (or raised your bet). How good should your draw be to continue.

randomstumbl
09-08-2005, 07:23 PM
These questions are so broad that any answer will be lacking.

My starting point would be a two card draw to a smooth 8 on the first one and a two card draw to a rough 8 in the second situation.

Obviously, the number of players in the game and the quality of your opponent will change these standards. I rarely fold for one bet in this spot though.

randomstumbl
09-09-2005, 03:49 AM
One more thought on this. You're getting 5:1 in this spot. If you really are that much of a dog against your opponent's hand range, you should consider changing your pre-draw standards.

The only time I see myself folding is when I draw 3 and don't improve.

timprov
09-09-2005, 06:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You're getting 5:1 in this spot. If you really are that much of a dog against your opponent's hand range, you should consider changing your pre-draw standards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. For the second round this is a really worthless question, as you ought to continue regardless of your hand unless you stood pat on a snow or broke a snow and bricked. The third round is somewhat more interesting, but as a general rule continue with any 1-card draw you think is live.