PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Durden takes on the world (of Dodgeball)

Tyler Durden
09-08-2005, 06:50 PM
I'm on a dodgeball team. Along w/ two roommates, one of whom is Wess Mantooth. We play just like they do in the movie. But sans Jason Bateman doing color.

We play at Dulles Sportsplex, right by the airport. Our record is 1-1. Funny incident from the first game...

We were getting killed. I was acting as captain b/c our regular captain had to miss the big season opener. Not only were we getting killed, but the ref was missing a lot of calls in their favor. So that really didn't help. He and Wess kept arguing. A lot. I finally got pissed that the ref was giving my teammate so much crap.

One game, late in the match, my arm was tired and hurting like hell. I threw at a 35 year old woman who had brought her 4 year old daughter to the game. But just like an overworked pitcher who can't keep the ball down in the zone, this throw was too high and the chick caught it. But the ref didn't see it so he didn't call me out. So I stayed in and this pissed off the lady. She kept calling me a cheater. When her team won that game, she started running around the court hooting and hollering and pumping her fists like she was on one or more psychoactive drugs. My teammates and I were all like wtf?? Anyway now the score was 11-3.

We won the next game and I did the same thing she did, just to mock her. I ended up on their side of the court and got down on all fours and lifted a leg up to pretend I was peeing like a dog. Everyone was laughing hysterically--it was quite a sight. Then I walked off the court.

The ref chased me down in the hallway and yelled "Sir! Sir!" but I wouldn't turn around. Then I did and he said that was a shameful way to act as captain and that I was making a mockery of the game of dodgeball. The irony was too much. He ordered me to leave the building. I did.

Our third game is tomorrow at 8 eastern. It will be awesome.

swede123
09-08-2005, 06:54 PM
Haha. Sounds like ESPN2 needs to televise this league rather than showing crap like curling and baseball.

Swede

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-08-2005, 06:55 PM
Meh. Dodgeball is sooo last year. I've already played a few seasons and quit because adults ruin the game.

lucas9000
09-08-2005, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Haha. Sounds like ESPN8 needs to televise this league

[/ QUOTE ]

THE OCHO!!!

Shajen
09-08-2005, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Meh. Dodgeball is sooo last year. I've already played a few seasons and quit because adults ruin the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is? [censored], I just got into a league too. Patrick, you gotta tell me this stuff dude. How can I be cool if you guys don't help me out? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Wes ManTooth
09-08-2005, 07:16 PM
For the record, I really don't know how to word this but... hmmm... I PWN at Dodgeball... thats right, Vince Vaughn has nothin on me.

jdl22
09-08-2005, 07:17 PM
what does this have to do with banging chicks and finishing 126th in the 2004 WSME?

Dynasty
09-08-2005, 07:19 PM
That movie absolutely sucked. It was a real dissapointment.

jdl22
09-08-2005, 07:20 PM
Did you take a piss during the Lance Armstrong scene or something? That part alone made the movie not "absolutely suck."

DcifrThs
09-08-2005, 07:37 PM
jesus...

id never imagine you doing something like that...wtf happened since i left??

whatever it was..KEEP IT UP lol

Barron