PDA

View Full Version : Absolute Poker..Collusion, Lack Of Support, Blocked Account

09-08-2005, 06:40 PM
I played a cheap $1.15 SNG at Absolute on Aug 9th in which two players colluded. I'm not a high limit player but that's not the point here, what really pissed me off about this was what took place AFTER the first email to support. About 4 days later I send a second email to security about this and I get a reply that they are "investigating" it. I keep playing and after a week I send a 3rd email, out of frustration over them dragging ass when I see these two players on the same tables on three different occasions. This time 3 days went by with NO reply at all so I sent a 4th email saying exactly what I thought of their "security".

Two days later I try to open the software and it tells me that "We could not connect you to our server, there must be a problem with your connection. Please make sure you are connected to the internet properly". After several attempts and a reboot I email support and tell them what's going on. After a day with no reply I send another email and they reply "we have forwarded this to techincal support, please be patient". Another day and another email I get a reply from someone in support apoligizing and they gave me a list of things to do for trouble shooting and a program to run to test my connection to their server. I forward all the info they wanted and the next day I get a email saying that they couldn't find anything wrong on my end and they would send it to tech support and their supervisor.

The next day I got to thinking that maybe security had some way blocked me from connecting so I send another email to support asking about this, to this day I have not received a reply back from support, tech support or security and the only way I can get a reply is to change the email header, then it's the same reply as always. I'll forward this to so and so. It's not about the $1 lost in the SNG or the penny ante amount in the account, they can have it. What bothers me is the way the went about it. If collusion on a $1 SNG is not worth their time thats fine, tell me "sorry bout your luck, move up in limits and we'll try to help you out" or "look, you don't generate enough rake for us to deal with this so we are just gonna block your account and you can play elsewhere". Either way it's still bad business and I wonder how many other people they have/will do this to?

MicroBob
09-08-2005, 06:42 PM
is that you stockman?

Eder
09-08-2005, 08:35 PM
I have found Absolute support better than any site except for Pokerstars...

smartalecc5
09-08-2005, 10:35 PM
I think the "You don't paly enough rake we don't care about you would be pretty true".

AngusThermopyle
09-09-2005, 12:01 AM
Your post from another site's forum.
You got no love there either.

I played a cheap $1.15 SNG on Aug 9th in which two players colluded. I'm not a high limit player but that's not the point here, what really pissed me off about this was what took place AFTER the first email to support. About 4 days later I send a second email to security about this and I get a reply that they are "investigating" it. I keep playing and after a week I send a 3rd email, out of frustration over them dragging ass when I see these two players on the same tables on three different occasions. This time 3 days went by with NO reply at all so I sent a 4th email saying exactly what I thought of their "security".

Two days later I try to open the software and it tells me that "We could not connect you to our server, there must be a problem with your connection. Please make sure you are connected to the internet properly". After several attempts and a reboot I email support and tell them what's going on. After a day with no reply I send another email and they reply "we have forwarded this to techincal support, please be patient". Another day and another email I get a reply from someone in support apoligizing and they gave me a list of things to do for trouble shooting and a program to run to test my connection to their server. I forward all the info they wanted and the next day I get a email saying that they couldn't find anything wrong on my end and they would send it to tech support and their supervisor.

The next day I got to thinking that maybe security had some way blocked me from connecting so I send another email to support asking about this, to this day I have not received a reply back from support, tech support or security and the only way I can get a reply is to change the email header, then it's the same reply as always. I'll forward this to so and so. It's not about the $1 lost in the SNG or the penny ante amount in the account, they can have it. What bothers me is the way the went about it. If collusion on a $1 SNG is not worth their time thats fine, tell me "sorry bout your luck, move up in limits and we'll try to help you out" or "look, you don't generate enough rake for us to deal with this so we are just gonna block your account and you can play elsewhere". Either way it's still bad business and I wonder how many other people they have/will do this to?

AngusThermopyle
09-09-2005, 12:04 AM
Just found a third copy on a third forum.

I just wonder what your real gripe is.