PDA

View Full Version : Pats vs Raiders

thomastem
09-08-2005, 06:28 PM
I hope someone can talk some sense into me cause over 49.5 seem like a nice value to me.

Pats averaged 27 pts per game last season while the Raiders gave up the same. The same offense against one of the weaker defenses I put the Pats target score at 30.

The Raiders averaged 20 Pts a game last year - Moss and a running back. Pats gave up 16 and are missing a couple of linebackers. I put a conservative target of 24.

The Pats D is over hyped from last year's playoff game against Indy. This is not a playoff game in bad weather but more like last year's opener when New England and Indy played and the over won.

Quick talk sense into me before I burn a unit!

Record 0-0-0

My first pick: Raiders @ Pats over 49.5

zipo
09-08-2005, 06:34 PM
Ahh, please don't get me started on this game.

As a diehard Raiders fan, I would love to slam down this season's roll taking the Silver and Black on the up from one of my outs thats laying +305.

As we speak, I'm begging my wife to tie me down to the sofa in front of the big-screen, much like Odysseus lashed to his spar as he is driven to madness by the siren's song, and thus be unable to reach my wireless laptop and do something very, very damaging to my psyche and my roll.

thomastem
09-08-2005, 06:40 PM
Heh uh well it appears you are in more need of sense than I.

By the way my bet went in at over 49.

20Five
09-08-2005, 07:55 PM
good luck, im on raiders +7.5 /images/graemlins/grin.gif

flatline
09-08-2005, 09:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
good luck, im on raiders +7.5 /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

As am I, with 55 minutes left, its looking good!

zipo
09-08-2005, 09:32 PM
>>As am I, with 55 minutes left, its looking good!<<

I'm in too, +7.5 with reduced juice no less.

Just didn't have the stones to pull the trigger on the straight up.

ctv1116
09-08-2005, 09:37 PM
In on Pats -7.5 +105, a little worried about it given the early 7-3 hole for the pats.

zipo
09-08-2005, 09:43 PM
>>In on Pats -7.5 +105, a little worried about it given the early 7-3 hole for the pats.<<

You can relax. I have 4 year old underwear that's less porous than the Raiders defense.

ctv1116
09-08-2005, 09:44 PM
haha, yes, i feel a llittle better now with Pats 10-7

chiachu
09-08-2005, 09:45 PM
im on raiders moneyline and over 49 (parlay)

zipo
09-08-2005, 09:58 PM
>>im on raiders moneyline and over 49 (parlay)<<

Very nice if it hits. My gut told me it would be the Raiders tonite in a shootout, but my brain said to take the points and fade the public.

Anyway, gl.

chiachu
09-08-2005, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My gut told me it would be the Raiders tonite in a shootout, but my brain said to take the points and fade the public.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here... cept i went with my gut /images/graemlins/grin.gif

gl to you too /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

zipo
09-08-2005, 10:33 PM
>>Same here... cept i went with my gut <<

lol - good for you - I hope you hit /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anyway, biggest disappointment Raiderwise so far imo has been LaMont Jordan. I wasn't expecting much from the defense, but if they a) don't get some production out of Jordan, and b) get the O-line to give Collins a little more time, then we have problems.

Good game so far.

flatline
09-08-2005, 11:56 PM
This is getting ugly. I should have believed in the Pats.

chiachu
09-09-2005, 12:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is getting ugly. I should have believed in the Pats.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha yep /images/graemlins/mad.gif
congrats to everyone who took the patriots /images/graemlins/smile.gif

zipo
09-09-2005, 01:35 AM
Ouch. My yang feels like Mike Matusow's after 6 months in Clark County lockup.

Anyway, looks like same old same old for the Faiders. Anyway, they're out of my system for the rest of the season, wagerwise /images/graemlins/wink.gif

youtalkfunny
09-09-2005, 02:48 AM
My dad used to train thoroughbreds. He was trying to explain "class" to me.

"Two horses coming down the stretch, side by side. The horse with class will look that other horse in the eye, and that other horse will know at that moment that he can't win."

I still didn't get it.

Then I watched this game tonight.

The Raiders played a near-perfect half of football. They shredded the champs on the opening drive. Collins looked like Montana, putting up a QB rating of about 140. No turnovers, few penalties. They could not have played better. Except for a missed FG, they were flawless.

And they went into the lockerroom, losing by a FG.

Like the outclassed horse, they KNEW that was their best. And they knew they could not compete. They knew they were owned by New England, it was just a matter of time.

At that point, they turned into a different team. The pocket was collapsing quicker. The run defense, absolutely dominant in the first half, weakened. The penalties, which they had done so good a job of avoiding in the first half, piled up.

And worst of all, Kerry Collins started making all of his throws off his back foot. He didn't do that in the first half, when he was dialing a 140. But Rodney Harrison looked him in the eye, and Kerry knew that it was all over.

Dad, if you're up there, watching me type this: I get it now.

(I've been defending Collins for years, saying things like "most of his INT's and fumbles were just unlucky bounces." I'm withdrawing my support. He's a crumb.)

RunDownHouse
09-09-2005, 10:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Very nice if it hits. My gut told me it would be the Raiders tonite in a shootout, but my brain said to take the points and fade the public.

Anyway, gl.

[/ QUOTE ]
Public dogs - public road dogs - are always a good fade.

Iplayragstoo
09-09-2005, 01:40 PM
Exellent analogy....I was on the pats and the over big time. I love the story your dad told you..I will use it in the future...GL the rest of the year. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif