PDA

View Full Version : $22 Short Stacked - Bubble Bluff??

09-08-2005, 06:27 PM
Seat 2 is the button
Total number of players : 4

Seat 2: giddyup12389 ( $420 )
Seat 6: stpsux ( $3100 )
Seat 7: jag82285 ( $3380 )
Seat 8: HERO ( $1100 )

Blinds(75/150)

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to HERO [ Kc Qc ]
HERO raises [350].
giddyup12389 folds.
stpsux folds.
jag82285 calls [200].

** Dealing Flop ** [ 4s, 2h, 6s ]
jag82285 checks.
HERO checks.
** Dealing Turn ** [ As ]
jag82285 checks.
Hero?

Since biggie checked twice, and there was now an ace on the board. I felt that it would be safe to push and take the 750 chips. He only gets 2-1 odds if he has a high spade, and since he chcked I can safely assume he does not have the ace, and is waiting for me to bet it out (or call his bet). If I win the pot I am in a big position to get ITM.

Since this is the bubble I usually try to avoid fancy plays (especially bluffs). Does anyone else bluff this, or do you let him bet into you on the river and force yourself to fold?

mlagoo
09-08-2005, 06:31 PM
i think you have to either fold or push preflop here. I hate a raise, because you pretty much have to fold to a reraise (except from the shortstack), and if you are called, unless you hit TP or better on the flop, you have to fold to any bet there also.

i think i fold this preflop. both big stacks are in the blinds. calling you doesn't scare them at all, they are both pretty safely ITM.

but i can see a push as well.

vinyard
09-08-2005, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think you have to either fold or push preflop here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed. I probably push this, however.

09-08-2005, 06:50 PM
I think this is a push-or-fold pre-flop, and I fold since both big stacks are in the blinds. Shorty loses half his stack to the blinds in the next three hands, and if he doubles up, you're still even with him. If shorty were in either blind, I'd push.

09-08-2005, 06:52 PM
The reason I raised and not pushed, was becasue if I pushed the shortie will usually fold and hope I am called.

If I am re-rasied I fold and hope to ITM. Which in general is a bad strategy (I know /images/graemlins/frown.gif )

mlagoo
09-08-2005, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If shorty were in either blind, I'd push.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with this.

also, with respect to the raise/fold thing -- i just think that if the big stacks are thinking players at all, they should know your raise stinks and push. i guess i can see there being something behind a raise/fold if you think the big stacks really stink. as for bluffing after the flop, i really don't like it. i think this is sort of a fit or check/fold situation.

i'd like to say that i hate this sort of situation, though, for what it's worth.

09-08-2005, 08:41 PM
Exactly, next time I should simply avoid all this and fold preflop.

lastchance
09-08-2005, 09:22 PM
Checks, because AX will show up here, and also folds preflop, I think.